Saturday, January 30, 2021

Remove Toxins from your Skincare & Beauty Routine

How Clean Beauty Changed the Game for my Family.

We struggled with infertility for 4 years before we had our daughter. It was heart wrenching and confusing. In the midst of that struggle, I remember grabbing at any "straws" that would help us get pregnant. 

About two years into our journey, I had a friend tell me that maybe I need to get rid of all the toxins in our house. To which I replied, what toxins? I live a clean life, I don't have toxins in my house. 

Well, I was wrong. 

Like many people, I assumed that we lived in a highly regulated country, so the products I was using in my house must be safe. I honestly, never even questioned the safety of my shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, or foundation at all. Why should I? Why would the government allow us to use unsafe products. Right? They regulate everything else!

Well, the personal care industry is the BIGGEST violator of all. There are very minimal regulations. Companies are allowed to use harmful ingredients and make their own judgments about safety. WHAT!?! Did you know that some of those "harmful ingredients" can CAUSE infertility or disrupt reproductive organs!

And these are things that we use on our skin on a daily basis and get absorbed into the biggest organ in our body - our SKIN!!! Just think of how many products you use? Shampoo, Conditioner, Body Wash, Body Lotion, Hair Products, Hand Soap, Laundry Detergent, the list goes on!!!

Did you know that the last time the US passed a regulation law for chemicals used in personal care products was 1938. Absolutely shocking and appalling! It actually makes me mad!!!

Across the pond, Europe has a list of 1,400 chemicals that are banned or restricted for use in personal care products. Wanna know how many the United States has? A whopping 30 that are restricted to date. That seriously blows my mind!

Why BeautyCounter? 

That's when I finally made the decision to detox my house. I got rid of everything. Literally cleaned out the house. The first to go was anything that touched my skin. That's when I found BeautyCounter, the leading brand in clean beauty! They have a list of 1800 + ingredients that they will NEVER use in their products because they are proven to be harmful.

I started by swapping out our shampoo, conditioner and body wash. Then began using their skincare lines - which has completely changed my skin!! The vitamin C serum and overnight resurfacing peel literally makes my skin glow!! I get so many compliments. You can even take a skin survey here to know exactly what kind of clean skin routine you should use! The last phase for me was makeup and y'all even Christy Coleman, celebrity makeup artist, uses their makeup! And now I'm all in with their makeup line too!.

For me, BeautyCounter, was making a conscious decision to not knowingly apply toxins to my or my family's skin! And wanna know what? We ended up getting pregnant on our own a couple of years after making the decision to remove toxins from our house.
If you want to know more about cleaner safer beauty and skincare I'm here to answer any questions you have! Just email me at joyfulhealthyeats@gmail.com or reply to this email.
 
Shop Clean Beauty NOW!
My Favorite BeautyCounter Products
I use ALL of these products daily. I highly recommend if you're looking for a clean safe toxin free skincare or makeup line! Not only are they safe but their anti-aging line has reduced my fine lines, wrinkles and puffy eyes!!

Overnight Resurfacing Peel

Goodnight dullness. Helps soothe and reveal a brighter healthier skin. You'll glow with this! 
 

Vitamin C Serum


Brighten up with this game-changing serum.

Countertime Collection

This collection is designed to visibly firm, brighten, and plump the skin. It's their version of "anti-aging" - and it's ALL clean!

Charcoal Mask

Ten minutes to a purified complexion: this nutrient-rich kaolin clay mask with activated charcoal purifies and balances, absorbing excess oil and drawing out impurities.

Instant Eye Makeup Remover

Made without mineral oil or silicones, it uses the power of coconut and macadamia oils to break down pigments and cornflower extract to soothe delicate skin.

Lotus Cleansing Balm

This multi-tasking cleansing balm, perfect for day and night use, hydrates while it cleanses, removing makeup and impurities with nourishing ingredients that won't strip away your skin's natural moisture.

Skin Twin Concealer

Oh-so-creamy and buildable, Skin Twin Creamy Concealer works double time to deliver instant results and better-looking skin over time. It immediately diffuses imperfections and reduces signs of fatigue for a brighter-looking complexion

Skin Twin Foundation
 

Breathable, buildable coverage with hyaluronic acid to visibly plump the skin. It's your match made in makeup. 

Luminous Powder Highlighter

Ultra-fine pearls instantly brighten features and give skin a subtle, luminous glow. Available in two shades that complement all skin tones, Luminous Powder Highlighters catch the light with a pearlized sheen.

Satin Powder Blush

Create perfectly flushed cheeks with a natural-looking shade or a pop of color. Satin Powder Blush features shades that flatter all skin tones, in a matte finish, or with a subtle sheen.

Beyond Gloss

This gloss delivers high-impact shine and conditioning lip benefits, while taking transparency to the next level with ingredients that care for your lips—and the greater good.

Volumizing Mascara

Wink big. Made with natural fibers, this advanced formula increases volume by 385%* to create fuller, more dramatic-looking lashes. The hourglass brush curls, separates, and plumps for high-drama glam–without clumping, flaking or smudging. 

Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest
Website
Twitter
Copyright © 2021 Joyful Healthy Eats, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you opted in via our website.

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment