Saturday, January 30, 2021

Your Favorite Granola, Even Better

Large-Clump granola

There are lots of tricks out there to get granola to clump, from using beaten egg whites to chia seeds to ground flax seed. I'm sure all of these ingredients work well, but simple changes to the cooking method can be just as effective.

I elaborate on each of these four tips in the blog post, but in sum, to get your granola to clump:

  1. Don't stir. Not once.
  2. Bake at a lower temperature for a longer period of time.
  3. Let the granola cool completely on its sheetpan before breaking it up.
  4. Use parchment paper.

This coconut oil granola is my family's favorite, but if you apply the method outlined above to your favorite recipe, I have no doubt you'll bake granola that breaks into those desirable, pluckable clusters.

Get the recipe, and watch the video here:

Large-clump granola

PS: Homemade Muesli + Bircher Muesli

Nothing makes me happier than having these two vats on my countertop. On the right is the granola mentioned above; on the left is homemade muesli. Soaked with milk and yogurt, and stirred with grated apple, it's one of my favorite breakfasts. It makes great overnight oats as well.

Homemade muesli.

PS: I've been making these black lentils with spinach all week. So fast and satisfying.

Happy Cooking,


Alexandra Stafford



Love what you're reading? Click here to receive an alert every time I post a new recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment