Food Blog

newsletter of food

Saturday, September 19, 2026

Daily digest for The Food Gallery, on September 20, 2026

Item: Sweet and sour pork, 咕噜肉 Date: August 13, 2026 Location: 静姐粤菜, Wuhan, China Rating: ★★★★★★★☆☆☆ I've loved sweet and sour pork since I was young but I don't think my parents know about it because I never r…
Read on blog or Reader
Site logo image The Food Gallery Read on blog or Reader

Sweet and sour pork

By Annie Bananie on September 19, 2026

Item: Sweet and sour pork, 咕噜肉
Date: August 13, 2026
Location: 静姐粤菜, Wuhan, China
Rating: ★★★★★★★☆☆☆

I've loved sweet and sour pork since I was young but I don't think my parents know about it because I never requested ordering it. That's the thing with eating out when you're young - your parents always ordered what they liked, and even though they don't hate what you like, you never really get a say in what to order. So I only had sweet and sour pork on the very rare occasions when it was ordered, and now that I'm grown up, I can get whatever I want, whenever I want! There's this Cantonese restaurant around my area with quite the hype that I was excited to try, and I had to order the sweet and sour pork, because why not. Unfortunately the whole meal was a bit disappointing as the exterior of the pork was a bit too hard, even though the flavour was fine. Our other dish turned out to be a bit salty, but I'd still give the restaurant another chance in the future just because it's a neat local place that serves food from my hometown.

Comment
Like

The Food Gallery © 2026.
Unsubscribe or manage your email subscriptions.

WordPress.com and Jetpack Logos

Get the Jetpack app

Subscribe, bookmark, and get real‑time notifications - all from one app!

Download Jetpack on Google Play Download Jetpack from the App Store
WordPress.com Logo and Wordmark title=

Automattic, Inc.
60 29th St. #343, San Francisco, CA 94110

Posted by Achieve at 9:20 PM
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

About Me

Achieve
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2026 (4748)
    • ►  October (97)
    • ▼  September (267)
      • Your Top Pins From Last Month 📌
      • This Is the Only Way to Make Pork Chops — Period!
      • My Most-Saved, Most-Cooked Recipes in September
      • Interiors Home Decor Ideas On Instagram Beautiful ...
      • Breakfast Crescent Ring - Plain Chicken
      • For the Best Popcorn, I Use This Secret Ingredient
      • This is how I’m eating spaghetti lately
      • 7 Best of September
      • NEWS RELEASE: WHO releases new guidance to prevent...
      • New Home Interior Design: Creative Decor
      • A’ja Closes Gap With Michael Jordan
      • GAIN Reports from September 28, 2026
      • reader, Cozy Soup Nights Are Back
      • To Providers of Adult or Children's Services to In...
      • Get Inspired For Interior Design Website Layout wa...
      • Boursin Beef Noodle Casserole - Plain Chicken
      • NEWS RELEASE: WHO reports latest global trends in ...
      • 7 Classic Fall Recipes 🍁
      • Caitlin’s Brutal Take on Game 1 Loss
      • Six Chicken Dinners for the Week 🍗
      • GAIN Reports from September 25, 2026
      • home Interior designs
      • Salmon Is Back on the Menu 🐟
      • Meow Monday - Plain Chicken
      • 7 "Can I Have More?" Recipes
      • Something really exciting happened...
      • Cozy Sunday: Noodles & Warm Bowls 🍝
      • 55 Best Home Decor Ideas The WoW Style
      • Butternut Squash Soup, Apple Tart, Egg Bites + More
      • 5 Low-Effort, High-Cozy Crockpot Dinners
      • Design Decor & Disha | An Indian Design & Decor Blog
      • Weekly Meal Plan - Plain Chicken
      • Wings & Bites for the Game. Pick One. 🏈
      • 7 Hearty Soups
      • Beef dinner has never been easier
      • WNBA All-Star Appeals Against Betting Threats
      • Weekly Meal Plan 💚
      • For Popcorn That Tastes Even Better than the Movie...
      • Contemporary vs Modern Home Design: Whats the Diff...
      • 🥐 19 Easy Puff Pastry Recipes for Any Occasion - ...
      • The Cozy Football Sunday menu is here…
      • 7 Classics from my Recipe Box
      • Spicy Olive Oil Ginger Cookies
      • NEWS RELEASE: Recommendations announced for influe...
      • The Good List: 5 grocery staples that save dinner
      • Favorite Things I’m Wearing This Fall 🤎
      • The Easy 5PM Fall Dinner Survival Guide.
      • Home decor and design photo | Home Decor and Desig...
      • NEWS RELEASE: WHO announces expansion of prequalif...
      • Neiman Marcus Chicken Pinwheels - Plain Chicken
      • New Recipe: Salted Maple Banana Bread
      • Changes to Companies House GOV.UK pages
      • Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
      • ⭐️ NEW...What's New on The Almond Eater!
      • Home decor and design pic | Home Decor and Design ...
      • This and That
      • Crockpot White Chicken Chili with Corn - Plain Chi...
      • New children and education complaint decisions
      • Apple Season Is Open. Time to Bake. 🍎
      • New adult social care complaint decisions
      • I Can’t Wait for You to Make These
      • GAIN Reports from September 22, 2026
      • Your preferred payment method has expired
      • 10 Recipes people loved enough to leave a 5-star r...
      • Home Decor Design Contemporary spaces Part 1 - You...
      • Monte Cristo Waffle Casserole - Plain Chicken
      • I simplified Julia Child’s famous Beef Bourguignon
      • NEWS RELEASE: WHO expands safe options for contrac...
      • 7 Monday Night Recipes
      • Your latest news and updates from Companies House
      • Happy First Day of Fall 🍂 Let's Bake
      • Welcome to Flyover North Carolina
      • GAIN Reports from September 21, 2026
      • WHO webinar: Attacks on health care: From evidence...
      • Home Decor / Interior Design - Page 3
      • Texas Trash Sticky Buns - Plain Chicken
      • DEPARTMENTAL NEWS: KSrelief and WHO Sign USD 5.3 M...
      • 7 Sunday Family Dinners for Fall
      • We're ONE WEEK away 🥹
      • I've never had a PSL in my life. But I do make these.
      • My Boys' Favorite Dinner!
      • 5 Dinners Worth Making This Week
      • 26 Cool And Stylish Small Bathroom Design Ideas - ...
      • The Chicken Pasta I'm Making This Monday 🍝
      • Meow Monday - Plain Chicken
      • Welcome to The Ohio Flyover
      • MEDIA ADVISORY: Virtual press conference on the up...
      • 7 Meals in a Bowl
      • Apple Season & I'm in a Baking Mood 🍎
      • 🏆 5+ Award-Winning Chili Recipes
      • Minestrone, Turkey Meatballs, Oatmeal Chocolate Ch...
      • 5 Actually-Doable Dinners for This Week
      • cute, decoration, fashion, home decor - image #489...
      • Weekly Meal Plan - Plain Chicken
      • Butternut Squash Is Having Its Moment 🎃
      • The SMASH I didn't see coming
      • 7 Fall Salads
      • Home decor and design photo | Home Decor and Desig...
      • Daily digest for The Food Gallery, on September 20...
      • Olivia Feels ‘Hounded’ in WNBA
      • To Love A Dog
      • I Asked Two Italian Moms the Secret to the Best La...
      • Weekly Meal Plan: Week of September 20
      • Interior Design Room House Home Apartment Condo 20...
      • 9x13 Dessert Recipes - Plain Chicken
      • HOT! 7 Spicy Dishes to Try (if you dare)
      • Apples, good food & a bittersweet goodbye 🍎
      • MEDIA ADVISORY: WHO at the 81st United Nations Gen...
      • 🍁 15 Healthy Fall Dinners
      • Copycat Beaver Nuggets - Plain Chicken
      • Nine High Protein Lunches I’ve Loved Lately.
      • New Home Interior Design: Inspired Decor
      • 7 NEW Ways to Make Chicken
      • Changes to Companies House GOV.UK pages
      • New Recipe: Banana Bread Coffee Cake
      • Baked Chicken, Couscous Salad, Pumpkin Muffins + More
      • Quarterly HGV enforcement data for Great Britain
      • 16 Impressive Shabby Chic Decorations To Enter Ple...
      • 7 Most Popular Korean Recipes
      • This and That
      • Monterey Chicken Crescent Ring - Plain Chicken
      • New children and education complaint decisions
      • Fast or Slow: Chicken Covered Either Way
      • New adult social care complaint decisions
      • Slow Cooker Spicy Cabbage Beef Soup
      • POST-PRESSER LINKS: Hybrid press conference on glo...
      • A Little Taste of Fall 🍎
      • 20+ Super Modern Living Room Coffee Table Decor Id...
    • ►  August (284)
    • ►  July (281)
    • ►  June (272)
    • ►  May (285)
    • ►  April (400)
    • ►  March (1008)
    • ►  February (905)
    • ►  January (949)
  • ►  2025 (15142)
    • ►  December (995)
    • ►  November (954)
    • ►  October (894)
    • ►  September (1065)
    • ►  August (1641)
    • ►  July (1441)
    • ►  June (1148)
    • ►  May (1637)
    • ►  April (1612)
    • ►  March (1545)
    • ►  February (1038)
    • ►  January (1172)
  • ►  2024 (15534)
    • ►  December (1177)
    • ►  November (1195)
    • ►  October (1160)
    • ►  September (1361)
    • ►  August (1432)
    • ►  July (1254)
    • ►  June (1158)
    • ►  May (1349)
    • ►  April (1284)
    • ►  March (1370)
    • ►  February (1300)
    • ►  January (1494)
  • ►  2023 (14873)
    • ►  December (1500)
    • ►  November (1404)
    • ►  September (605)
    • ►  August (1375)
    • ►  July (1329)
    • ►  June (1424)
    • ►  May (1509)
    • ►  April (1413)
    • ►  March (1545)
    • ►  February (1338)
    • ►  January (1431)
  • ►  2022 (22022)
    • ►  December (1443)
    • ►  November (1665)
    • ►  October (1386)
    • ►  September (1670)
    • ►  August (1956)
    • ►  July (1968)
    • ►  June (1979)
    • ►  May (1973)
    • ►  April (1943)
    • ►  March (1990)
    • ►  February (1896)
    • ►  January (2153)
  • ►  2021 (29628)
    • ►  December (2247)
    • ►  November (2593)
    • ►  October (2670)
    • ►  September (2611)
    • ►  August (2391)
    • ►  July (2305)
    • ►  June (2457)
    • ►  May (2474)
    • ►  April (2462)
    • ►  March (2624)
    • ►  February (2314)
    • ►  January (2480)
  • ►  2020 (5680)
    • ►  December (2592)
    • ►  November (2601)
    • ►  October (487)
Powered by Blogger.