Hope you had a great week! Here's some highlights from mine:
I cooked something at home this week that I've always wanted to try: smoked my own pastrami! 10/10 amazing. I'll post a video soon sharing how I did it.
Bittersweet week as we packed up my 18 year old yesterday and sent him off on a 2 year mission trip to Guatemala. He was ready and excited, but it's never easy to see them go! (And a lot of work to get them ready!)
Our next door neighbors invited our family over for their traditional Japanese food. My boys are obsessed with Japanese culture and food and they wanted to do a fun dinner for us before my son left on his mission. They made Sukiyaki and homemade Gyoza and it was incredible. I brought dessert. She's going to come over next week (at my kids request) and teach me how to make Gyoza! Think I could talk her into being in an instagram video?? We'll see!
Tonight we're having a neighborhood social called "Meat Fest" where it's a big pot luck with smoked meats on the menu. (No I am not sharing my pastrami haha) I actually signed up to bring a salad, but I have a million apples so I think I might make these Apple Streusel Bars instead.
I'll drop some recipe links below (you should make that apple cake, it's incredible) and of course The Good List. Enjoy and have a great weekend!
xo, Sara
I took an apple spice bundt cake and a bouquet from my garden to share with neighbors.
On Our Table This Week
Here's a few things that we ate at our house this week if you need some ideas!
Memphis Coleslaw- This is my favorite coleslaw. It's super simple but so so good. I put this on our pastrami sandwiches!
Pizza Grilled Cheese - My youngest has been on a pizza grilled cheese kick lately and I almost forgot how good they are!
Apple Bundt Cake - this is the dessert I took to the neighbor's house. I also made a glaze using reduced apple cider and it was so good. I'll try to replicate it so I can add it to that recipe!
The Good List is where I share the food, finds, and everyday favorites I'd tell you about if you were sitting at my kitchen counter!
I work out 100% at home now and this app has been my favorite program for weight training for a couple years now. I've tried several others over the years and I've never found one I like better. It's solid programming and so easy to use. I love that I can track my progress, every workout has an option for the gym or for at-home, and it's affordable- especially compared to similar programs and apps. As an affiliate, my discount code OURBESTBITES will give you 20% off your first payment. If you do an annual plan, that comes out to about $6.67 a month, which is insane. Sadie's workouts have helped me build so much strength this year!
My sons love legos and have used these light sets for several of their large lego projects. They are designed for specific sets, which you can search by number, and they add lighting. One of my boys just finished a huge Lord of the Rings set and when he showed it to me this week with his finished lighting it blew me away! (I immediately said "This is so awesome- I'm sharing this in my Good List!) I'll try to remember to show you on IG stories today so you can see it in action.
I bought this puff sleeve sweater when I needed something really fast for an event and I was so pleasantly surprised by the nice weight and darling fit. (As you probably know, Amazon is very hit or miss with clothing, which is why I don't buy a ton of fashion there). This one comes in lots of colors and fit true to size for me. I'm thinking about grabbing it in one more color because I liked it so much.
My 16 year old has been working on his desk set-up and bought this walking pad with his own money. I wondered if it worked well being so inexpensive, and it's been awesome. He walks while he does homework and plays video games on his standing desk and loves it!
I'm a bath girlie and I've been looking for a good bath caddy/tray. Couldn't find a wood one that I liked and I decided on this acrylic one. I love how minimal it looks and the handles compliment the polished nickel fixtures in my bathroom. Bonus it can totally get wet and it's easy to wipe off!
Some product links may be affiliate links, which simply means I may earn a small commission if you purchase through them. That said, nothing on The Good List is ever sponsored or part of a brand partnership - these are all things I buy myself and love enough to share with my friends (that’s you!)
Sara Wells
Sara Wells co-founded Our Best Bites in 2008. She is the author of three Bestselling Cook Books, Best Bites: 150 Family Favorite Recipes, Savoring the Seasons with Our Best Bites, and 400 Calories or Less from Our Best Bites. Sara’s work has been featured in many local and national news outlets and publications such as Parenting Magazine, Better Homes & Gardens, Fine Cooking, The Rachel Ray Show and the New York Times.
No comments:
Post a Comment