Tuesday, January 26, 2021

one pet peeve that makes me absolutely crazy

Hi Reader,

I cleaned out the fridge yesterday to get ready for the week and (thankfully!) didn't find any science experiments lurking in the back.

What I DID find though, was open jars of jelly.

Not one.

Not two.

But three and OPEN jars of jelly.

And I know how it happened too.

My kids made almond thumbprint cookies a few weeks ago and I told them to use a variety of different jam flavors.

*I* thought they'd do a mix of the two jars we had open - one was almost empty and the other was about halfway full.

Instead, they ignored the two jars in the fridge and opened THREE NEW JARS from the pantry. 🀦🏽‍♀️

Fortunately, my son LOVES peanut butter and jelly oatmeal and we've eaten through the two original jars, but we still have three jars open and to be honest, seeing all the jars of pretty much the same food kinda drives me crazy, LOL!

I think I'm going to make this oatmeal jam bar recipe which works for pretty much any flavor of jelly… even when you have just a little bit left in a few different jars!

They're slightly messy, but they're worth every delicious bite.

Plus, they're freezer friendly. So I can make a massive batch up front and freeze the rest for later. πŸ™Œ

I'm curious, do you have a kitchen pet peeve? I'd love to know I'm not the only one!

ALL my best ♥,


Popular on the Blog this Week

Having a frugal grocery budget allowed us to pay off debt & buy a house in cash. We also eat real food. Our spending is low & we've never been healthier!

Read More Here -->

Save time and money with this one week meal plan featuring healthy slow cooker recipes with chicken, beef, pork and vegetarian ideas. Every recipe is super easy, and approved by my picky kids!

Read More Here -->

No Bake Sweet and Salty Energy Bites satisfy my chocolate-y, pretzel-y, peanut butter-y cravings – made with only healthy ingredients. A must-have for snack time. Enjoy with a drink like my Homemade Almond Milk, or dip them in Homemade chocolate whipped cream.

Read More Here -->

Freshly Updated

Easy, Healthy Tomato Basil Soup Recipe. So simple and so satisfying. Serve with homemade rosemary olive oil bread and freshly shaved Parmesan cheese to "dine out" at home. 

Read More Here -->

This Homemade Corn Tortillas recipe is SO easy to make with only 3 simple ingredients. Gluten-free, freezer-friendly, soft, foldable, and perfect for taco night!

Read More Here -->

New Posts on the Blog This Week

These super easy Instant Pot Chicken Wings are the best hands-off, crowd-pleasing recipe! Cook in just 10 minutes, and slather in our favorite homemade buffalo wing sauce!

Read More Here -->

Enjoy 7 Days of Green Smoothie Recipes! They're healthy, quick & easy, and you can even make freezer smoothie packs! Use spinach or kale, and try them with Greek yogurt, kefir, or non-dairy milk.

Read More Here -->


No comments:

Post a Comment