We’re in the weird summer slump where school is getting close but we want to spend every.last.waking.moment outside, in the pool or doing all the fun summer things. And some nights our dinner is suffering! We may have had chick-fil-a twice last week… and I had to regroup to plan better for our meals. I referenced my 12 week summer menu and added a few things to list, plus jotted down a few things that have worked for us all season! I’ve shared so many tips and tricks on my menu plans over the last year and it really is something I need to keep up on week after week. But these five things are key for me when it comes to bringing summer dinner together quickly. Pesto in my fridge at all times. I can’t live without pesto in the summer. It elevates every meal, makes leftovers taste special and different, plus makes a rather boring meal new again. I stir it into grains, use it for dressings, use it as a pizza sauce and more! Taco meat in my freezer. I hate freezing things but this is one that I will always continue to do! It defrosts SO quickly and it’s great for tacos of course, but also enchiladas, nachos, stuffed potatoes and more. Plus, it works with beef, turkey or chicken. My caesar chopped salads. Especially if I add in some protein or pasta. It’s a fool-proof, no-fail dish that everyone (even the kids!) loves for dinner... Continue reading this post for free in the Substack app
|
Friday, July 31, 2026
What's Saving Our Dinners Right Now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment