✅ Toss it in salads, wraps, or sandwiches for quick lunches.
✅ Build a rice or grain bowl with veggies and your favorite sauce.
✅ Portion it out for soups, casseroles, or any recipe that calls for shredded chicken.
Once the chicken is shredded and cooled, I portion it into 1-2 cup servings, depending on what I’ll use it for.
Wondering how long cooked chicken lasts?
➡️ Fridge: According to foodsafety.gov, cooked poultry is safe for 3-4 days. Personally, I’ve kept it for up to 5-6 days without issue, but if you’re concerned, stick to the guidelines.
➡️ Freezer: If you want to make a big batch, the shredded chicken stays fresh in the freezer for up to 9 months. Just thaw it overnight in the fridge or reheat straight from frozen (1-3 minutes in the microwave works great).
One of my favorite ways to freeze shredded chicken is by portioning it into Souper Cubes. I freeze it in 1 cup portions, so I have perfectly sized blocks of shredded chicken ready to use in any recipe.
Basic Crockpot Shredded Chicken – A simple, go-to slow cooker recipe for juicy, flavorful shredded chicken. I love making this in the morning and forgetting about it until it’s time to shred and store.
Crockpot Buffalo Shredded Chicken – If you’re a fan of buffalo wings, you’ll love this spicy, tangy version. It’s perfect for wraps, salads, or even Buffalo mac and cheese.
Enjoy your weekend, and happy cooking! Let me know if you try one of these recipes.
Talk soon!
xo Tammy Overhoff
Owner, Organize Yourself Skinny (OYS)
π₯ Est. 2011 | Over 8,000 happy customers!
π₯£ I've been helping busy families simplify dinner with weekly meal prep and freezer prep for over 15 years.
π In love with my big blended family!
π« Equally loves smoothies, mason jar salads, and chocolate.
☕️ Needs a lot of coffee and a little RHONJ daily to stay sane.
This email contains Amazon affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of these links, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Organize Yourself Skinny (OYS)!
Shop My Make-Ahead Favorites
Wondering what I actually use in my own kitchen? I've rounded up my favorite meal prep containers, freezer prep supplies, kitchen tools, collagen, protein powders, and healthy pantry staples in one place. Every product is something I personally use, love, and recommend to help make healthy eating easier.
If you're tired of wondering what to eat, spending too much on takeout, or buying groceries that never get used, The Reset & Flourish Shop is for you. I've created done-for-you meal plans, freezer prep guides, and 10-day healthy eating challenges that take the planning off your plate - so you can save time, waste less food, spend less on takeout, and make healthy eating feel easier.
No comments:
Post a Comment