Monday, March 1, 2021

Mission: ImPASTAble Starts Today!

The first two parts are up now!
View this email in your browser

Mission: ImPASTAble Has Begun! 

For the last three years, I've been on a quest to invent a new pasta shape, actually get it made, and actually sell it. And today, our five-part series begins! In Episode 1: Spaghetti Sucks, I'll take you back three years, to the live debate that started this whole journey. I share my gripes with existing shapes — spaghetti doesn't hold sauce, angel hair goes from zero to mush, wagon wheels are gimmicks — which propelled me to create something better. 

In Episode 2: Slanting The Floors, I look for inspiration for the design of my new pasta shape. There's an epic pasta tasting and a chat with an architect who points me to a very radical concept. But after a meeting with a pasta maker, I learn exactly how much these big ideas will cost me.

Listen to this week's Sporkful episodes through our website, StitcherApple Podcasts, or Spotify.

WHAT WE'RE EATING


- I went to Manhattan for the first time in nearly a year and it was NOT HARD to figure out where to eat first. I headed straight to Xi'an Famous Foods and I may have over-ordered. 



- Emma is eating avocados from Davocadoguy.

- Andres is eating General Tso's Chicken. 

WHAT WE'RE READING


- I'm reading about Jones Bar-B-Que Diner in Marianna, AR, which had a serious fire.

- Emma is reading Fleishman Is in Trouble.

- Andres is reading Mayukh Sen's story about a "curry con man" in Vox.  

- Daisy is reading about a suspended podcast host in The Defector

Take care,
Dan
Copyright © 2021 The Sporkful, All rights reserved.
You're receiving this email because you signed up through our website and because you love to eat.

Our mailing address is:
The Sporkful
c/o Midroll
555 8th Avenue, Suite 902
New York, New York 10018

Add us to your address book


Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp

No comments:

Post a Comment