| Hey reader reader,
I'm Richa, the face behind My Food Story. Welcome to this series where I send you an email exclusive tip/recipe every Wednesday! Here's today's Tip/Kitchen Hack: Peak summer has kicked in here in India and OMG the heat is infuriating! Just stepping out for small errands saps you of all energy. And getting any work done - forget about it. BUT I'm on a quest to make things better, with you guessed it - food. Summer brings with it some amazing foods that nature gives us for these 3-4 months to beat the heat.
Coconut Water - I am a tad bit partial with my first suggestion. Coconut water is fantastic in any season! It's literally perfect - water-based and rich in electrolytes. It's also got enough vitamins and minerals to cool your body down. AND it tastes so so delicious! Melons - Watermelon and Muskmelon work wonders because of their high water content. A bowl of fruit can hydrate your body as well as provide you with oxidants and glucose! Try this Watermelon and Feta Cheese Salad for a quick appetizer or a chilled glass of watermelon lime smoothie - my favorite! Curd or Yogurt - I'm sure you can sense a pattern here - summer diet should include foods with a high water content. Curd or Yogurt is the best choice for this! You can use it to make so many beverages and dishes. The list is limitless - try Chaas, Mango Lassi, yogurt dips or even some good old Raita! Mint - There's a reason mint features in so many beverages. Apart from tasting so refreshing, it has natural cooling properties. Make a mint strawberry moscow mule, use it in falafels, pulaos to add that fresh flavor or for chutneys Cucumber - Chips have nothing on crunchy cucumber slices in summer. I add it to salads, make cucumber raita and even make a cold cucumber soup with it. Citrus Fruits - There is nothing more refreshing than cold juices and lemonade. Feature oranges, limes and lemons in drinks, in salad dressings, cocktails or just make a simple lemonade to keep you cool. Hope this helps!! Is there anything else you need help with? Reply and tell me and I'll make sure to include it in my next few emails. Happy Cooking, Richa
|
No comments:
Post a Comment