Monday, November 30, 2020

Far From the Tree: Apple-Pear Cocktail

Like   Tweet   Pin  
DavidLebovitz Update
 

Far From the Tree: Apple-Pear Cocktail
David, 30 Nov 10:50 AM

 

The other day I was thinking of cocktails that were fall and winter-friendly. Calvados (apple brandy) of course is always in season, but I also had a bottle of spiced pear liqueur from St. George Spirits in California on hand that has a lovely pear flavor mingled with a bouquet of spices, that I've been meaning to incorporate into a cocktail.

I had a hunch that it would be well-paired with French apple brandy, and that hunch proved correct in this Far From the Tree cocktail, a nod to the expression that "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree" as the apple brandy – and the sparkling apple cider – fell into my kitchen, which are quite far from any trees. But happily, they all made it into my glass.

(And I'm hoping that all made sense. I've been trying to translate some American expressions for my French partner, especially "They drank the Kool-Aid," which I've decided just isn't translatable.)

Continue Reading Far From the Tree: Apple-Pear Cocktail...

 
 
Powered by Mad Mimi®A GoDaddy® company

No comments:

Post a Comment