Sunday, July 24, 2022

πŸŽ‰ πŸ₯— Weekly Update July 24th, 2022

Hey there reader!

I hope you had a great weekend! It was a busy weekend for us!

Friday, my kids and I took our annual blueberry picking trip. Every year, I try to break another record with the number of blueberries I pick. I plan to make a few batches of these blueberry muffins and then freeze the rest for smoothies and recipes for the next six months! Here's my tutorial on how to freeze blueberries.

Yesterday, Mike and I, and a group of friends, went to see Garth Brooks perform at Highmark Stadium (where the Buffalo Bills play). This concert was my 7th time seeing Garth, and he never disappoints; it was terrific.

Of course, in Buffalo fashion, we tailgated before the concert. I volunteered to be in charge of the food because if not, the only foods to choose from would be Bud Light and chips! Anyway, I brought a cheese and fruit platter and a veggie tray and purchased a sub tray. I also made a gluten-free pesto pasta salad and gluten-free turkey wraps, so I had some food options. And, I made this tasty greek dip that's easy to transport. It was great!

Today, we are heading out to my nephew's 10th birthday party, so, as you can see, it was a hectic weekend! I didn't have time to grocery shop or meal prep for the week. I'll feel it tomorrow, but it was worth it! We made lots of memories this weekend.

Before jumping into the rest of the newsletter I just wanted to let you know that we will do a mason jar salad challenge in a couple weeks. The challenge and recipe guide is almost done! I'm thinking about August 1st, but stay tuned!

Okay, let's get to the newsletter.

Recipes to Try This Week.

Do you have a lot of fresh basil to use up? Try out this delicious pesto recipe. It's so easy to make, and you can freeze it to use later in the year. I shared it on my sister site, Gluten-Free Italian Eats.

Leave a Recipe Rating & Comment

If there are any Organize Yourself Skinny recipes you've made, I would appreciate it if you could go to my blog, leave a rating, and comment under the recipe on my blog. This helps me greatly with Google, and it's a great way to support the OYS blog. Thank you so much!

Featured Lifestyle & Weight Loss Post

Check out this post, "Habits to do before bed to organize a healthier lifestyle," it is a good one!

Organize Yourself Skinny Facebook Group

Head to the OYS Facebook group for recipe inspiration and meal prep motivation! You find it there if your goal is to eat cleaner foods and live a healthier lifestyle. This is where we do the mason jar salad challenge live!

Featured Partner

Thrive Market is my go-to shopping resource for healthy, clean-eating pantry items, especially gluten-free ones. They have all of the brand-name organic and gluten-free brands at affordable prices. There is a yearly membership, but I think it's worth it. Join now and get 30% off your first purchase. If you want more information, then read my Thrive Market Review.

Have a great start to the week.

Tammy Overhoff

No comments:

Post a Comment