Saturday, July 17, 2021

When rain ruins your grilling plans (again!) ...

Chicken souvlaki platter.

... fire up the broiler! It works incredibly well.

If I'm being honest, it's not just rain that has ruined my grilling plans in recent weeks — it's laziness. Sometimes the grill just feels so. far. away.

And when it does, I set a cooling rack inside a sheet pan, place my chicken skewers over top, and broil away. No one (at least in my family) minds.

Pictured above is my mother's chicken souvlaki recipe. Recently, I've been smearing tzatziki over a platter and tumbling the grilled (or broiled) pieces of chicken over top. As the meat rests, the juices release into the tzatziki, making it even more flavorful. With lots of lemon, a simple tomato-feta salad (see below) and warm pita on the side, this favorite summer meal is complete.

Get the recipe and watch the video here:

Chicken souvlaki video.

PS: The broiler works magically on green beans (a summer favorite), Shishito peppers (great for entertaining), and broccoli (addictive).


Here are a few favorite recipes to serve with souvlaki:

Tomato-feta salad (recipe in the souvlaki recipe):

Tomato-feta salad.

Tzatziki:

Tzatziki on a platter.

Homemade pita:

Homemade pita bread.

Go-To Cucumber Salad

Cucumber salad.

PPS: Smoky Grilled Chicken with Schug

Happy Cooking,


Alexandra Stafford



Love what you're reading? Click here to receive an alert every time I post a new recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment