Saturday, July 17, 2021

⭐️NEW⭐️ Cold Kimchi Noodle Soup for the summer! + New Putbaechu Kimchi VIDEO

Image item
 

Hi There!

 

I had a wonderful break last week - my husband and I celebrated our 30th anniversary by traveling to Sonoma and Oregon. We traveled outside of our state for the first time since the Pandemic and I was happy to see that nature is still beautiful regardless of all of our troubles.

 

I am also happy to share a fabulous new recipe! I don't know why I didn't post this before - it's Kimchimari Guksu (Cold Kimchi Noodle Soup). It's simple, easy and can be pretty quick (just need chilling time for the broth).

 

Oh and yes, if you were curious - Kimchimari - the name of my blog - is from the rice version of my new noodle recipe. HERE's my Kimchimari Rice RECIPE.

 

Also, I wanted to give you a quick update about my latest video for making Putbaechu Kimchi. That's now up on my youtube channel. I narrate and explain everything so you can follow along and make it.

 

I will also share some other great recipes to make this week as many areas are experiencing really hot summers right now. Hope you can all stay cool and healthy!

 

XOXO ❤️,

JinJoo

 

 

KIMCHIMARI GUKSU

Image item

I share 2 different ways to make this amazing broth - one from scratch using chicken broth, another recipe using ready-made Naengmyeon broth which is just too easy that I'm almost embarrassed to share it. 😂

And for extra ICY COLD version, freeze the soup before serving. More info in my post - click below!

 

Putbaechu Kimchi Video

Youtube video

This Kimchi is a perfect one to make in the hot summer! Fresh red chilis add a great extra spicy kick!! Just need 1 hr brining, then mix the seasoning and you are done! Click on the video above to play the Youtube Video!

 

MY VEG HARVEST

Image item

This year, I was late in starting the garden so I was worried that I might not have good harvest this year. Well, yes, it was a little late but it just so happens I am having the best year!! Everything is growing soo nicely!!

 

MORE SUMMER RECIPES
Image item

I missed Chobok 초복 (start of summer) which was 7/11th but Jungbok 중복 (middle of summer) is coming up on 7/21st so don't forget to make some Samgyetang (Ginseng Chicken Soup) to keep your energy up during hot weather! 

 
Image item

If you are not a big fan of Kimchi, here's another cool noodle dish in just 20 minutes! Bibim Guksu! 

You will love my fresh and light bibim sauce. You can make a big batch of the sauce and keep in the fridge and mix it with your noodle when you are ready to eat!

Image item

Here's a full detailed recipe about how to make Naengmyeon from scratch - North Korean style. You will learn how to make Beef Pyeonyuk and Beef Yuksu (broth) that you can also add to Kimchimari Guksu.

 
Block 41st

Kongguksu was my absolute favorite noodle dish to have in the summer. The homemade soy milk is so yummy just on its own or as a soup base to a scrumptious cold noodle dish.

INSTANT NOODLES
Image item

Have you tried my Butter Kimchi Ramen (aka KimBura) yet? We all love Ramen but this one is extra yummy with the addition of Kimchi and Butter.. 

Block 50th
 

Also in the 3 recipes are one using Bibim Men(비빔면) which is a great one to have in the summer and then it's Jjapaguri (Neoguri + Jjapaghetti) which is the base noodle dish for Ram-Don in the movie Parasite!

 

Stay Safe and Healthy everyone~

❤️JinJoo
Block 55th
Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest
Twitter
Youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment