Sunday, October 30, 2022

Are you Stressed about the Holidays coming?

View this email in your browser

Happy Sunday Friends!

Tomorrow is Halloween, then we've got Thanksgiving and then it's Christmas and the next thing you know we're looking at January New Year's resolutions right?!

Do the Holidays bring you stress? 

When you think about any of these holidays coming, what is the first thing you think about?

Have you heard any of these thoughts running through your mind?

 

I have too much stress in my life to worry about my weight now.
It's almost January 2023, I will try again in the new year.
How can I follow a sugar free plan now so close to the holidays?
How can I stick to my food plan at all?
I always give up at this time of year.
How in the world can I lose weight during the holidays?
I might as well just give up since I have no will power!



How about today thinking about all those habits that you wanted to establish last January and start today with one habit you had wanted to start this year but haven't.

I love James Clear's book Atomic Habits! He shares how you really can't improve a habit you've never established.

He talks about the 2 minute method where you just start doing part of that habit for just 2 minutes which is much more manageable and doable and gets you started.


So today if your goal in January was to start tracking your food and weighing and measuring to help with weight loss, if you take just 2 minutes this morning to write down a simple food plan of what you will eat for today, that's a start to establishing your habit.

Even if you don't track or weigh or measure. You can't improve if you haven't established this small habit, so start with just 2 minutes.


Instead of throwing up your hands and saying the heck with the rest of 2022, begin that habit now and think about how good it will feel when January comes and you've ended 2022 with amazing results just from just starting small!

When we start taking care of ourselves for just a few minutes of the day, you begin to feel some encouragement and confidence that you haven't thrown in the towel with all those new year's solutions at the start of 2022.

When you start feeling good about yourself rather than a failure, this will bring you a feeling of calm and less beating yourself and putting yourself down.

When you start with a small habit that takes just two minutes a day, you will feel less stress my friends and begin to believe that life is more manageable, all because you established a small habit in your life.

I hope this has encouraged you to begin today!

P.S. My new book The 30-Day Sugar Elimination Diet is all about establishing habits to reach your health goals, end cravings, and reclaim your health. It's available for preorder on Amazon and Barnes & Nobles.

Everyone who preorders gets a free gift bonus cookbook, just send me a copy of your invoice to bonus@sugarfreemom.com. Also you don't pay for your book till releases in December!


Here's to an amazing holiday season to end this year in better shape than when it began!

Have a wonderful day!
Brenda/Sugar-Free Mom
 

 

Twitter
Facebook
Website
Copyright © 2022 Sugarfreemom.com, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this from me because you opted in to one of my digital products.

Our mailing address is:
Sugarfreemom.com
23 Briggs Rd
Foster, RI 02825-1206

Add us to your address book


Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp

No comments:

Post a Comment