Wednesday, September 1, 2021

10 Recipes Everyone's Making RN 👩🏻‍🍳

Did any of your favorites make the list?  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌


Hey reader!

I pulled on a sweatshirt this morning for the first time since last spring, which felt deliciously cozy on a cool and drizzly late summer morning.

I then peeled it off an hour later after said sweatshirt was causing me to sweat buckets!

That said, it's a funny time of year food wise when outside temps are still warm - nay hot - in the afternoons around here, but mentally I've moved on to soups, casseroles, and other soul warming comfort foods.

It seems like many of you can relate. I took a look at the most popular recipes on Iowa Girl Eats right now and am seeing a whole lotta comfort food mixed with a few warm weather favorites, which I'm sharing below as inspiration for what to cook in this "somewhere in between" type of week.

Which directions are your taste buds heading right now? Hanging on to summer favorites, or moving on to cozier comfort foods?

#1 Restaurant Style Salsa

Reader Kelly says: "This is so on point. Flavours are amazing. Took me like 5 minutes to make. Will never by salsa again!!"

#2 Crock Pot White Chicken Chili

Reader Robin says: "This is excellent and SOOOOOO easy. My picky 7 year old took one bite and said "oh this is good!" (Almost unheard of). Truly scrumptious."

#3 Sweet Corn, Kielbasa and Potato Soup

Reader Nikke says: "Absolutely loved this recipe! I used venison kielbasa, real pork belly bacon and an onion (instead of a shallot) and I'm not kidding, my boyfriend and I ate two big bowls for dinner and I just finished it for breakfast! Delicious!"

#4 One Pot Gnocchi Chicken Pot Pie

Reader Tina says: "Oh my goodness! This was amazing! I substituted Quorn meatless pieces (vegan chicken-like cubes) as my husband is a vegetarian. It was amazing!!! Such healthy "comfort" food. Thanks!"

#5 Big Mac Salad

Reader Connie says: "Made this for dinner. Better than a Big Mac and healthier. It's a keeper!"

#6 Healthy Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli-Rice Casserole

Reader Linda says: "Wow! Never came back to comment before! This recipe was out of this world! (Am eating it right now!!) So healthy and so good! Perfect for a busy night when you want healthy "comfort" food."

#7 Chorizo Sweet Potato and Black Bean Skillet

Reader Arianna says: "I adore this dish. We double the recipe and use it all week. In breakfast burritos with eggs, in tacos for lunch, and by itself for dinner. It's in weekly rotation and one of my family's favorite meals."

#8 Homemade Seasoned Salt

Reader Krista says: "We love this salt on everything from chicken, to potatoes, to veggies. I make it in bulk and give it as gifts."

#9 Signature Chili

Reader Sarah says: "I never have commented on a blog post on my life but this is my all time favorite chili recipe I can't even eat my moms chili anymore bc this is just the BEST sweet and spicy but not too spicy. Obsessed"

#10 One Pot Chicken and Rice

Reader Becky says: "I am not much of a cooker, but this recipe is the BOMB! Oh so easy to make and tasty as all get out. I used the thighs which made it even more flavorfull. I will be making this on a regular basis."


Newest Post on Iowa Girl Eats:


Most Pinned Recipe of the Week:

Happy reading, and eating!

Kristin



Loving these emails? To get an email anytime I post a new recipe or blog post, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment