Saturday, July 24, 2021

Here's your weekly Meal Plan!

Hello there,

I hope this email finds you well, and that you are enjoying these final weeks of summer. It feels like the school year is approaching fast!

My family is preparing to take our very first road trip next week, so I'm planning to pack some healthy snacks and as many activities as I can think of to entertain my two kids in the car. Our children think that a 10-minute car ride is long, so wish us luck! LOL

In the meantime, I have been busy updating super-old recipes and sharing some new ones, too, so be sure to check those out below for some fresh inspiration.



This Vegan Strawberry Ice Cream is a new recipe this week. It tastes remarkably like the real thing, with only 4 simple ingredients. My kids can't get enough of this flavor!



Here's What You Missed

If you haven't visited my website this week, here's what else is new:

Crispy Roasted Chickpeas. These are a salty, crunchy snack, loaded with fiber and protein. I love adding them to salads and soups, too!

Zucchini Pesto. This is a delicious way to use up your summer zucchini! It's oil-free and vegan as written, but I've also included tips for adding more cheesy flavor, if you'd like.

Chocolate Zucchini Muffins. This recipe has been a fan favorite for years, because they turn out with the most amazing texture, using NO flour or added oil. It's unbelievable! They remind me of a cross between a muffin and brownie, with zucchini hiding in each bite. 

Coconut Butter. If you're looking to replace a nut butter, like almond butter or peanut butter, coconut butter is your best bet! I use it in my homemade macaroon recipes, and making it at home is much cheaper than buying a jar at the store.

Vegan Strawberry Ice Cream. All you need is 4 simple ingredients to make this dairy-free dessert, and you can swap out any other fruit you like, such as raspberries, mango, or blueberries.


Cooking Videos

If you enjoy watching me cook in my kitchen, be sure to check out my latest video! I usually post at least one new tutorial every week.

Almond Flour Banana Bread. This grain-free banana bread is perfect moist, and has the classic banana bread flavor you love. It's naturally sweet and gluten-free.

Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel if you enjoy these!



Dinner Ideas for the Week

Need some dinner inspiration? Here are some delicious ideas to help!


Sunday: Vegan Alfredo with Mushroom Bacon. If you haven't tried this combination yet, you are missing out!! The crispy mushroom bacon tastes ridiculously authentic, so it's like you're eating a creamy Carbonara pasta. I also love it with roasted broccoli added in.

Monday: Ultimate Detox Soup. It's never too hot for this kind of soup, even when it's summer. This soup is ultra-refreshing, thanks to the addition of lemon and cilantro, and will leave you feeling full and satisfied. Try it with my Kale Salad on the side.

Tuesday: Curried Chicken Salad. If you have cooked chicken on hand, this is a flavorful way to use up your leftovers. You can also swap the chicken for chickpeas or jackfruit, as a vegetarian version.

Wednesday: Easiest Ratatouille. This is the ultimate way to use up your fresh produce! I love serving it over cooked quinoa or pasta as a complete meal. It's much more flavorful than you might expect!

Thursday: Strawberry Spinach Salad with Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing. This salad just screams summer, and becomes a complete meal when you add your favorite protein on top. (Try quinoa, for a complete source of plant-based protein!)

Friday: Vegan Stuffed Shells. I love how quickly this recipe comes together, for a comforting meal. Try it with my zucchini pesto on top for a different flavor variation!

Saturday: Day off from cooking! (Leftovers or take-out)


Note: If you want all of your meals + snacks planned for you, the 5-Day Summer Reset includes shopping lists and meal prep guides to tell you EXACTLY what to do every day, and includes seasonal recipes that are designed to eliminate food waste.


Breakfast Ideas

Paleo Pancakes. These grain-free pancakes are made without any specialty flours, and have been a fan favorite for years!

Coconut Flour Waffles. All you need is 6 ingredients to make them, and they're naturally gluten-free.

Instant Pot Oatmeal. A hands-off way to make oatmeal in the mornings. It couldn't be easier!

Pumpkin Seed Granola. This grain-free granola is one of my favorites. Serve it with sliced banana and almond milk for a properly combined meal.

Avocado Toast. There are so many toppings to try!



Note: If you have any questions for me, the best place for me to respond is directly in the comments on my website. My email system is having issues with replies lately, so if you emailed me and didn't hear back, that's why! I read comments on my website everyday, so be sure to ask again there if I missed you.

Until next time, I hope you have a great week!

xo
Megan


*If you try a recipe this week, please take a moment to leave a star-rating and review directly on my website. It's one of the most helpful things you can do! It let's me know which recipes you are enjoying, and it's the best place to ask questions if you have any.

(It also lets Google know that other people like my recipes, and Google is what allows me to keep providing free recipes for you! We want to keep Google happy.)





 
My mailing address:
Detoxinista
P.O. Box 7133
Overland Park, KS 66207

Add us to your address book


unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences 

No comments:

Post a Comment