Saturday, July 3, 2021

Here's your Meal Plan! 🎉

Hello again!

If you visited the website lately, you might have noticed I've been busy! I've been taking the opportunity (while my kids were in summer school) to update old recipes that have been on my website for years. Some of them weren't tested very well, or had unclear directions, and I want all of the recipes you find on my website to be well tested for you!

Even the super-old ones.

With that being said, I also miss the old days of blogging, where I would literally try a new recipe and post it the same day I made it. Now, I've turned into such a perfectionist, I won't usually post a recipe until I've tested it 20+ times and tried of every variation I can think of. (Like making it egg-free, nut-free, etc.)

I've been working on a new oat flour cake recipe over the past week, and it's SO delicious as an 8-inch cake that I thought I'd double it and turn it into a 9-by-13-inch flag cake for the Fourth of July. I don't bake this size cake often, so the recipe may need some additional tweaking to meet my "perfectionist" standards... but my kids also said it's their new favorite cake!



So, I'm going to share it with you today, but please keep in mind that it may get slightly tweaked in the months to come. I haven't had time to test an egg-free version, and the cream cheese frosting I used here in these photos is a little more runny in consistency than I would like... so that needs extra testing, too.

But, like I said, my family all raved about this cake as-written, so I'm going to get over my perfectionism here and post the recipe for you, anyway. I hope you'll enjoy it, or use it as inspiration to make your own flag cake with any other cake recipe you love.


Cooking Videos

If you enjoy watching me cook in my own kitchen check out my latest video, and follow along step-by-step.

Homemade Hemp Milk. This dairy-free milk is made with hemp hearts, which are a complete source of plant-based protein! I'll show you how easy it is to make, plus 2 other flavor variations.

P.S. If you subscribe to my YouTube channel, you'll be notified as soon as I post my next one. I always post at least 1 new video per week!


Here's What You Missed

If you haven't visited my website this week, here's what's new:

Vegan Cream Cheese. This tastes better than any store-bought cream cheese I've tried, and it takes only a few minutes to blend together.

Avocado Fudgesicles. This is an old recipe that got an update, to make more popsicles! (The old one only made 4...) My kids have enjoyed taste-testing these all week, so I hope you will, too.

Chocolate Coconut Macaroons. All you need is 5 simple ingredients to make these rich chocolate treats, and you can bake them or not! The baked version gets crispy on the outside and can sit out at room temperature for hours, and the no-bake version is easy if you want to eat them straight from the freezer.

Mint Chocolate Avocado Ice Cream. Have you ever made ice cream from avocado before? It's ultra-creamy, without using coconut, and the mint flavor totally hides the taste from the avocado!



Dinner Ideas for the Week

Need some dinner inspiration? Here are some delicious ideas to help!

*Get the Shopping List: You can also view this week's meal plan here, and create a shopping list for it with the press of a button. Any customization you make will save to the browser you're using, so be sure to use your phone if you want to take it with you to the grocery store, or use the convenient "print" button to save your work.


Sunday: Caesar Salad. Top it with your favorite protein, like baked tofu or air fryer chicken breasts.

Monday: Vegan Pad Thai. If you haven't tried this recipe yet, you're in for a treat! It's amazing how such simple ingredients can create so much flavor.

Tuesday: Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos. My family loves these, and they don't even mind how many veggies are hiding inside. (This is the perfect way to use up the rest of the cabbage from the night before, too.)

Wednesday: Chickpea Salad Sandwiches. This tastes like tuna or egg salad, but it's entirely plant-based with no mayo!

Thursday: Wild Rice Salad. The orange dressing in this salad is so refreshing, and you can use any other variety of grain that you have on hand.

Friday: Socca Pizza. This Mediterranean-inspired meal is so comforting and refreshing at the same time.

Saturday: Day off from cooking! (Leftovers or take-out)



Want all of your meals + snacks planned for you? The 5-Day Spring Reset includes shopping lists and meal prep guides to tell you EXACTLY what to do every day, and includes seasonal recipes that are designed to eliminate food waste.

There's also a 5-Day Summer Reset, if you want more warm weather recipes to try!



Note: If you have any questions for me, the best place for me to respond is directly in the comments on my website. My email system is having issues with replies lately, so if you emailed me and didn't hear back, that's why! I read comments on my website everyday, so be sure to ask again there if I missed you.

Until next time, I hope you have a great week!

xo
Megan


*If you try a recipe this week, please take a moment to leave a star-rating and review directly on my website. It's one of the most helpful things you can do! It let's me know which recipes you are enjoying, and it's the best place to ask questions if you have any.

(It also lets Google know that other people like my recipes, and Google is what allows me to keep providing free recipes for you! We want to keep Google happy.)





 
My mailing address:
Detoxinista
P.O. Box 7133
Overland Park, KS 66207

Add us to your address book


unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences 

No comments:

Post a Comment