Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Mexican Restaurant-Style Rice

Mexican Restaurant-Style Rice


Mexican Restaurant-Style Rice

Posted: 10 Mar 2021 07:05 AM PST

A simple recipe with just a few ingredients just like the rice at our favorite Mexican restaurant and a perfect side dish to serve at home with your favorite Mexican recipes!

My family LOVES to eat at our local Mexican restaurant. They will choose going there (or getting take-out in these Covid days) over any other restaurant 9 out of 10 times. And the thing that every single one of us makes sure to order each time?

The rice.

I don't even know what you should call it. It's not Spanish Rice. And for some reason I feel odd calling it 'Mexican Rice'. Maybe because I think we only call it that because Mexican restaurants here in America all pretty-much make it.

I bet if you went to Mexico and ordered 'Mexican Rice' they'd be like… que? 

Mexican Restaurant-Style Rice! A simple recipe with just a few ingredients just like the rice at our favorite Mexican restaurant and a perfect side dish to serve at home with your favorite Mexican recipes!

I've put a lot of thought and effort into coming up with this recipe. My family will eagerly tell you about all the failed attempts I made to get to this one best version. Baby Boy is such a Mexican rice connoisseur and down-right snob about it, he won't even bother to taste it if it's doesn't "look right". 

I knew I was on to something when I set the first batch of this on the table and they all made the right noises. There were a lot of mmmmmms and ooooooooos and I noticed they piled hefty servings onto their plates. 

Then Baby Boy took a bite and said THIS IS IT and I literally got up and danced a little jig! Seriously, this one perfect recipe is the result of at least 20 batches that didn't hit the mark, so this was a big deal for me!

Read more here »

No comments:

Post a Comment