Saturday, February 27, 2021

Longing for Spring? These Recipes Can Help.


Hi ,

Who else is ready for spring? This week, I found myself longing for

  • sunshine,
  • warm weather,
  • buds on trees,
  • and all things light and bright.

Realistically, here in Chicago, we have several more weeks of winter to go.

While I may not be able to change the temperature outside or the amount of snow on the ground, I can channel spring-y vibes in the kitchen.

5 Recipes to Make When You're Longing for Spring

At this time of year, I start to swap out comfort food for fresher, more colorful dishes. Think

You'll find 5 of my favorites below. These vibrant recipes will bring a taste of spring sunshine to your kitchen. Add them to your rotation for the next few weeks, and voila! Spring will be here before you know it.

​citrus salad with fennel and avocado​

Let's take advantage of peak-season citrus while we can! Juicy orange and grapefruit segments play off savory roasted fennel and creamy avocado.

Citrus salad with fennel and avocado
​

​citrus Salad with Fennel and Avocado​

​easy pesto pasta​

Holding out for summer basil? Use my broccoli pesto or kale pesto instead of the traditional kind.

Pesto pasta in a skillet
​

​easy pesto pasta​

​Creamy Mushroom Polenta​

This recipe is perfect for the transition from winter to spring. It's still creamy and comforting, but a zingy chimichurri sauce fills it with bright flavor.

Two bowls of polenta with mushrooms
​

​Creamy Mushroom Polenta​

​kale salad with carrot ginger Dressing​

This nourishing salad is piled high with colorful root veggies, creamy avocado, and roasted chickpeas. An electric carrot-ginger dressing ties it all together.

Kale salad with carrot-ginger dressing
​

​kale salad with carrot-ginger dressing​

​best veggie burger​

Our grill is still buried in a foot+ of snow, so lately, I've been making this crave-worthy recipe on a grill pan instead.

Hand holding best veggie burger
​

​best veggie burger​

​



Loving these emails? To get an email whenever I post a new recipe or article, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment