Friday, August 2, 2024

6 dinner ideas that are "better together" to save time and money

Hi reader,

Have you heard the country song "Better Together" by Luke Combs?
I can't help but think that he is SO RIGHT on some of his pairings…

Like a cup of coffee and a sunrise? Oh my - yes!!

I have a similar thought when I make my meal plans too, although I'm not serving these meals TOGETHER…Rather, I'm planning them together and cooking them in the same week.

For example… anytime I put slow cooker chicken on the menu, I also put some sort of chicken soup on the menu too.

Why? Because it makes my life easier. Once I cook the chicken, I will have…

  • Shredded chicken
  • The beginnings of chicken stock
  • Nearly ⅔ of the recipe is already done.

At this point, all I need are some vegetables, water, and spices!!

I like to call these "meal plan buddies" - when one recipe gets planned, its buddy gets planned too.

A few other examples:

 
  • Black Bean Corn Tacos >> Southwest Salad (Black beans, corn, and all the typical taco toppings will be ready. Just toss with lettuce and dressing!)
  • Slow Cooker Carnitas >> BBQ Pork Sandwiches (The meat is already cooked and shredded. Just add BBQ sauce, coleslaw, and a can of green beans.)
  • Spaghetti & Meatballs >> Minestrone Soup (Dice the meatballs, use scissors to cut the spaghetti, and add leftover sauce directly to the soup. Just add vegetables!)

This meal planning technique is a bit advanced, but it's something I teach in my course Meal Planning Bootcamp and it's something I want you to think about as we get ready to start my FREE 5-day Meal Planning Made Easy challenge in just a few days!

The challenge starts on August 5! We'll talk about things like...

  • Why meal planning feels so hard (and how to overcome the hurdle to reap the rewards every week)
  • Staying motivated to meal plan (to save money, time, and stress - no more wondering what's for dinner!)
  • How to stick with it for the long-run (Simple ways to get on and stay on the meal planning bandwagon)… and so much more!

Click HERE to reserve your spot in the challenge.

I hope to see you there!

♥ Tiffany

PS - Starting MONDAY - August 5 - I'm hosting a FREE 5 day Meal Planning Made Easy challenge and you're invited! Everyone LOVED this session the last time, and with school starting up soon and the Fall routines beginning again, now is the perfect time to finally get a grip on meal planning!

Click HERE to reserve your spot, and let's work on meal planning together!
Done with the training? Click here to opt out of Meal Planning Made Easy. I'll still send you the weekly newsletter once the training is over unless you unsubscribe from everything below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment