Thursday, July 11, 2024

๐Ÿ’ช High Protein Snack Ideas to Beat the Afternoon Slump

Hey there reader!

Last week, I got an email asking for advice on getting through the afternoon slump. She enjoys a nice lunch but then is starving at 3:00 pm and ruins her whole day by chowing down on sweet treats.

๐Ÿ™‹๐Ÿป‍♀️ I totally get it.

The 3:00 pm hour is a tough one for me too. Not only am I hungry by that time, but I'll never make it to dinnertime if I don't eat. This means I'll be in "hot zone" mode and eating whatever I can get my hands on.

I have three pieces of advice to help with the afternoon slump.

1️⃣ First, ensure you eat breakfast, a morning snack, and lunch. You don't want to go into the 3:00 pm hour on an empty stomach.

2️⃣ Second, you want your meals to include protein and good fats. What's worse than not eating anything? That'd be crashing from high-carb and sugar meals. This is a recipe for a HANGRY savage that can't be reasoned with. Trust me, I know. So make sure all your meals have protein before the afternoon to keep you full between meals. It's okay to be hungry at 3:00 pm, but you don't want to be HANGRY.

3️⃣ Third, meal prep or freezer prep high protein snacks. I love to make a couple of batches of high-protein snacks ahead of time and freeze them for easy to grab on the go. You can find healthier high-protein snacks to freeze in my Freezer to Flourish Bundle!

Snacks high in protein will fill you up without making you feel bloated. It also keeps your energy up compared to a processed snack that'll have you hungry and wanting to sleep by 4:30 pm.

Here are my three favorite high-protein make-ahead snacks to get me through the afternoon slump

I also love these simple snacks:

  • Hard-boiled eggs
  • Peanut butter and apples
  • Hummus and carrots

If I don't have time to prepare homemade snacks, then these are my "go-to" store-bought high-protein snacks

  • Cheese sticks
  • Kind Bars
  • Perfect Bars
  • Sigi Yogurt

What are your favorite high-protein snacks?

Have a great day!

Tammy Overhoff

Ps. Hey, have you checked out my shop, Reset & Flourish? If not, let me tell you all about it!

At Reset & Flourish, you can find many helpful resources to help you fit a healthier lifestyle into your busy schedule. From freezer prep guides to 10-day challenges and eBooks, there's something for everyone.

Need help deciding? Here are three reader-favorite bundles!

➡️ 10-Day Healthy Eating Challenges Kit

➡️ Freezer to Flourish Bundle

➡️ 30-Day Reset & Flourish Bundle

No comments:

Post a Comment