Wednesday, February 28, 2024

my family’s favorite rice recipe (super easy!)

Hi reader,

Both of my teenagers are in high school track right now and let me tell you - they can put away some food!

I make rice at least twice a week so they can help themselves whenever they're still hungry. Plus rice is one of the few foods that hasn't been hit hard by inflation.

Their favorite recipe is Instant Pot cilantro lime rice, but I've made some adjustments since I first shared that recipe in 2020 to make it a bit more friendly on the budget. Plus it's even easier to scale up or down, depending on how much rice you want to make.

 

  • 4 cups white rice
  • 5 cups water
  • 4 Tbsp butter
  • 4 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp dried cilantro
  • ½ cup lime juice


Combine all the ingredients in the Instant Pot except the lime juice. Press "pressure cook" and choose the "rice" function. My timer defaults to 12 minutes. Use quick pressure release when the timer goes off. Stir in the lime juice and serve.

Get this… one jar of dried cilantro lasts me at least 8 batches of rice. That means the one substitution of using dried cilantro instead of fresh cilantro saves me at least $16 every month!

This substitution was the inspiration for one of the teachings in my upcoming Crush Inflation Challenge. It's small changes like this that make a difference in the budget, even when food prices keep going up!

This BRAND NEW 5-day challenge is completely free - all you have to do is click here to join!

You'll learn an easy approach to saving money on food AND how to use it to save money on groceries every week - even when prices are skyrocketing.

The challenge starts Monday, March 18, so mark your calendar. I look forward to seeing you there!

♥ Tiffany

PS - My Crush Inflation Challenge will be the most important training I'll give all year. Inflation is out of our control, but you don't have to be a victim of high food prices. You CAN still save money on groceries!

>> Click HERE to join the Crush Inflation Challenge!!

Don't want to crush inflation with our new training? That's ok! You can optout of emails for the Crush Inflation Challenge by clicking this link. You'll still get the weekly newsletter unless you unsubscribe from everything below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment