Thursday, June 29, 2023

Nobu's Spicy Tuna Crispy Rice!


Today's Spicy Tuna Crispy Rice is a shameless copycat of a signature appetiser at the trendy Nobu restaurant. Bite size crispy rice is served with tuna in a creamy spicy dressing.

I love it. It's expensive. So I copied it. Costs about 80% less. And I added a canned tuna option too! - Nagi & Dozer 🐢 xx

PS I also posted the plain crispy rice as a separate recipe because it's so munch-worthy we deemed it standalone recipe worthy.

PPS Events update! The Mudgee Readers' festival weekend-away lazy long lunch with Dozer & I sadly sold out. However, there are still tickets remaining for the Dymocks ballroom dinner at the Four Seasons Hotel in Sydney on 10 August. Dozer will be there in his tux, as will Chef JB who has been working with the chef at the hotel to design a menu based on our recipes. So exciting!!


Spicy Tuna Crispy Rice

And this is the canned tuna version - tastes like the creamy tuna filling in sushi rolls!

Get the recipe



There's over 150 recipes in my cookbook - here's a suggestion for something to try this weekend! A beautiful blueberry tart with an almond filling. We worked really hard to make the filling as moist as possible without being watery from the blueberry juices. Also, getting enough blueberry burstage on the surface was important too! Is it weird that it mattered so much to me? :)

Blueberry Tart (page 318)

Recipe video here so you can watch how to make it (scan the QR code in the cookbook and it will take you right to the video!).


Life of Dozer

Can dogs get depressed? I feel like Dozer hasn't been the same since we moved away from the northern beaches. Quieter and not as perky. I'm a little worried about him. I've been taking him back to the beach on weekends when I can. He's so happy there but he doesn't enjoy the 50 minute drive there - he's so big, he's just not comfortable belted up in the back seat.

Giving him lots of extra love these days.


- Nagi x



No comments:

Post a Comment