Sunday, April 30, 2023

πŸŽ‰ Weekly Update April 16th, 2023 πŸŽ‰

Hey there!

I hope you've had an amazing week so far! Can you believe that we're already at the end of April? I mean, where has this year gone? Tomorrow is already May 1st! WHAAAATTT!!!

For me, this month has been a whirlwind of kids' sports and activities, as well as focusing on some major work projects. Don't get me wrong, I never want to wish for days where my kids are off to college and I'm left with nowhere to go, but I do look forward to running a business not in between the constant chaos of life.

I started this business 12 years ago when my kids were little, and I've done a majority of the work in my car in between whatever they were involved in. So, I'm really looking forward to the next chapter of my business life where I can just work on a normal schedule at my desk. A woman can dream, right?

πŸ† Okay, let's get to my progress for this week and actually for the month.

First off, my goal was to keep up with smoothies and mason jar salads. I have to say, this is easy for me to do because I love them! However, I did struggle the week after we got back from Boston because I didn't have any salads made. But, I kept up with my smoothies.

I also did a 10-day no creamer challenge and actually stuck with it! 10-day challenges really work well for me. And I must say, I feel so good when I cut back on sugar. So, did I stick with it? Yes and no. I skip the creamer Monday through Friday, but I treat myself on the weekends. I know I should just give it up, but seriously, morning coffee and creamer make me happy.

I'm happy to say that I did awesome with low-carb dinners this month. I shared some of them in the Facebook group. Eating low-carb is somewhat difficult because I truly love carbs - I mean, who doesn't? But, I forced myself to give it a shot and stick with it. I had low-carb dinners 3-4 days a week, and let me tell you, I felt amazing. Like, completely amazing. I will also say that my version of low-carb is different than most people, I think. I know that smoothies and other fruits and veggies are not considered low-carb, but I need those foods to feel my best - especially smoothies. So, my dinners were still very veggie-heavy with lean proteins, but I skipped the rice and pasta.

As for exercise, this month, I wanted to complete a 60-mile challenge for the month. I got to 45 miles, which is still good. Again, I felt amazing adding 3 miles a day, 4-5 days a week.

Lastly, for my work goal, I completed the Freezer to Flourish Individual Freezer Meal Guide! In fact, it's on sale this weekend for $14.97. You can get it here.

May 2023 Goals

🍹 Keep up with the smoothie and mason jar salad habit because they make me feel my best.

🍴 Continue with low-carb dinners and aim for 4 a week. Sundays are reserved for pasta, but for the rest of the week, I'll make sure to keep things under control.

πŸƒ‍♀️ Take on another 60-mile challenge this month, and I'm also adding a mini-plank and mini-squats challenge. I'll share more details about these challenges in our Facebook group.

πŸ’Ό For work, I'm focusing on the Reset and Flourish Program. Additionally, I'm putting together a Summer Smoothie Challenge! Exciting, right? Stay tuned for more details on both projects.

Announcements

My BRAND NEW Individual Freezer Meals Guide is finally here and on sale. The full price of the guide is $19.97, but until Monday night, I'm offering it for just $14.97.

So, what's included in the guide? You'll get all my top tips and tricks for making individual freezer meals, as well as a variety of tried and true recipes. I've got you covered with everything you need to know about preparing, storing, and reheating individual freezer meals!

And if you act fast, you'll get it at a discounted price!

Recipes to Make This Week!

Leave a Recipe Rating & Comment

If there are any Organize Yourself Skinny recipes you've made, I would appreciate it if you could go to my blog, leave a rating, and comment under the recipe. This helps me so much with Google, and it's a great way to support the OYS blog. Thank you so much!

Facebook Group

Head to the OYS Facebook group for healthy recipe and lifestyle motivation! This is where all of the fun happens! Join here.

Featured Partners

You can be confident that I only recommend products and services I have used for years. Each one will help you move forward on your healthy lifestyle goals. If you have any questions about any of these, please do not hesitate to reach out and ask. Please note that I am an affiliate of these companies and will receive a small commission if you purchase through my link. Of course, you don't have to, but if you do, thank you so much for supporting my business!

My Fitness Pal. I've been using My Fitness Pal since 2010 to help me stay intentional with the foods I eat to lose weight and maintain a healthy lifestyle. You can track everything from meals to exercise to water and much more. It's my favorite online tool for organizing a healthy lifestyle. My Fitness Pal offers a free and premium account. Here's 10% off the annual cost of the premium account.

Thrive Market. I've been a Thrive Market member since 2015. Thrive Market is my go-to shopping resource for healthy pantry items, smoothie superfoods, and some frozen items. Shopping at Thrive Market is beneficial if you are gluten-free, keto, or paleo. There is a yearly membership, but I think it's worth it. You can join now and get 30% off your first purchase. If you want more information, then read my Thrive Market Review.

Butcher Box. I've been a Butcher Box member since 2018; it's my favorite place for high-quality meats and seafood. I order a large custom box every two months and plan my meals around it. See their latest deal for new members. If you want more information, then read my Butcher Box Review.

Souper Cubes. If you are in the Facebook group, you know I am a huge Souper Cubes fan. I use them all the time to freeze individual portions or ingredients, and it's one of the best investments I've made with meal prep. Shop Souper Cubes.


Talk to you soon!

Tammy Overhoff

No comments:

Post a Comment