Saturday, April 29, 2023

πŸ₯Ά ➡️ The Tastiest Sauces to Freeze For Easy Dinners!

Hey there reader!

Are you always on the lookout for ways to make your dinner easier during the week? Well, I've got a top freezer prep tip for you!

➡️ Freezing sauces is the ultimate meal starter! You can make a huge batch of sauce and get 5-6 different dinners out of it.

🍝 My first experience with freezer meals goes back to when I was a kid and watched my mom freeze homemade spaghetti sauces.

She would make a huge pot of sauce and we'd eat it for 3 days straight! Then, she'd freeze the rest in empty Country Crock containers.

A couple of weeks later, she'd take out the pasta sauce and throw together some frozen ravioli or make lasagna. We would eat that for about 3 days straight too.

πŸ‘‰ When I became an adult and had to cook for my own family, spaghetti sauces were one of the first homemade recipes I ever made and froze. At first, I would freeze everything in big containers and thaw out when we felt like eating sauce again.

πŸ‘‰ But, over time, I learned that making batches of sauce and freezing into recipe-ready portions was really where the power of freezer meals lay.

Here are my favorite sauces to freeze, and you'll notice these are not just pasta sauces.

1️⃣ Marinara sauce - This pasta sauce is my go-to sauce for just about everything! It's perfect for a quick dinner, I'll warm it up and serve with some whole grain spaghetti and a salad. I've also used this in many Italian dishes like baked chicken parmesan and eggplant parmesan.

2️⃣ Turkey Bolognese - If you're looking for a meatier sauce, then definitely whip up a pot of this turkey bolognese! Again, for a quick dinner, I'll make this with pasta but my favorite way to use this sauce is in lasagna or baked ziti.

3️⃣ Red Clam sauce - One of the first sauces (besides my mom's) that I started to freeze was this red clam sauce. I've been making this for well over 10 years and it's still my absolute favorite. All of the ingredients are ones I typically have on hand in my pantry and it honestly tastes much more sophisticated than it is.

4️⃣ Pizza sauce - This simple pizza sauce is sugar-free and delicious. I freeze this in ½ cup - 1 cup portions so it's recipe-ready for pizza.

5️⃣ Enchilada sauce - This is such a simple enchilada sauce to make but I've heard MANY times over that this is one of the best enchilada sauces.

You can freeze all of these sauces using these methods. Regardless of the method, I recommend freezing into recipe-ready portions.

πŸ₯Ά Freezer bags: Freezer bags are a convenient way to store your sauces. When using freezer bags, make sure to remove as much air as possible before sealing the bag to prevent freezer burn. Label the bags with the sauce name and date so you can easily identify them in the future.

πŸ₯Ά Souper cubes: Souper cubes are perfect for freezing sauces into recipe-ready portions. These silicone trays come with individual compartments that allow you to freeze small amounts of sauce. Once the cubes are frozen, you can transfer them to a freezer bag or container. The advantage of using Souper cubes is that you can thaw only what you need without wasting any sauce. Use coupon OYS10 to get 10% off your order.

Mason jars: Mason jars are a great option if you're looking for a reusable and eco-friendly way to store your sauces. These jars are perfect for thicker sauces like marinara and bolognese. Make sure to leave some headspace at the top of the jar to allow for expansion during freezing. To thaw the sauce, simply remove the jar from the freezer and let it sit at room temperature until it's thawed.

Freeze some (or all) of these sauces and make dinnertime easier!

Talk to you soon!

Tammy

Ps. Hey, have you checked out my shop, Reset & Flourish? If not, let me tell you all about it!

At Reset & Flourish, you can find many helpful resources to help you fit a healthier lifestyle into your busy schedule. From freezer prep guides to 10-day challenges and eBooks, there's something for everyone. And that's not all! I'm also creating workshops and courses that will make healthy living more manageable. I'm constantly adding new resources to my shop, so check back often. Check out the Reset & Flourish Shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment