Hi Ho, Hi Ho! Are you wading in snow? Watching the holiday lights glow? Are you making some candy? It'll be dandy! Haha, I'm not much of a poet, but candy and other treats are what I've got ready for you today! Did you know that you can find 25 DAYS OF EASY PEASY HOLIDAY TREATS THAT YOU CAN MAKE over at Loaves and Dishes? That's where you'll find them! We've got treats every single day of December and each one takes no more than 15 minutes to put together. Most require some cooling time or baking time or sitting time (but hey, that's no sweat, right?). Put them together, share them with friends, give them as gifts, it's totally up to you! For example, you'll find... my special Holiday Snack Mix (its the best one, if you want to know the truth). Our White Chocolate Saltine Toffee with Peppermints Chocolate Pretzel Rods with M&M's And SO MANY MORE! There's a new one every day! You can find those same recipes over on my YouTube channel AND on my Facebook page. So hard to avoid me at this time of the year. hahaha. With that, I think I'll finish up here and go do a bit of holiday shopping. I was considering buying a Christmas tree today but after hearing all of my friends talk about the cost, I think I'll just wade into the pasture in my backyard and cut down a little cedar tree. They are free, smell good and work as good as an expensive one. That's about my speed. How about you? What are you doing this holiday? Special treats in the kitchen? What are you planning for your holiday meal? OH MAN! That reminds me. If you follow my facebook page, I'll be sharing some delicious and easy dishes you can put together for your holiday dinner in the coming weeks. Here's an article about many of my own family's holiday favorites. _______________________ HOT COOKING TIP OF THE WEEK It's that time of the year when people are cooking at home more than usual. So, I thought I would share some of my favorite cooking tips in general.
________________________ THREE LITTLE THINGS I'm trying to be more thankful in my day to day life for the small things in life because that helps me notice the larger things too. Gratitude helps me to better understand the world I live in.
________________________ A FINAL WORD I try, in this space, to keep you updated on the latest happenings and to thank you for what you do for me. I could never really thank you enough though. Your support over the last 7 1/2 years is unmatched and you are the greatest out there. I mean that from the bottom of my heart. In 2022, my daughter Sarah will be joining the Loaves and Dishes team on a permanent basis and my daughter Sandy will be helping behind the scenes too. Will this be the dynamic three-o or end in an argument? hahaha - maybe some of both. For at least the first three months of the year, we will be putting out new videos Monday - Friday of your all time favorites in the categories of "Minute Meal Mondays", "How to Tuesdays", "Pressure cooker/ Instant Pot Wednesday", "Air Fryer Thursdays" and "Fancy Fridays". If I can keep up on the website, I'll have articles to go with each video. Sarah will be running the YouTube channel and social medias even more than she has already been. Sandy will be helping on filming days with grocery shopping, lining up the shoots and keeping things organized and running smoothly. Thankfully, I have a large team of "food friends" who will take the leftover food off our hands. Thank you "food friends" if you are reading this. I appreciate your dedication and willingness to eat everything up (I know it can be a real chore). Haha. With that, I'll leave you with a little ditty. I have no idea who wrote this originally, but it did make me chuckle. Twas the month after the holidays, and all through the house, Nothing would fit me, not even a blouse. The cookies I'd nibbled, the eggnog I'd taste, All the holiday parties, had gone to my waist. When I got on the scales, there arose such a number! When I walked to the store, (less a walk than a lumber). I'd remember the marvelous, meals I'd prepared; The gravies and sauces, and beef nicely rared, the Wine, and the rum balls, the bread and the cheese, and the way I'd never said, "No, thank you, please." Unsubscribe | Update your profile | PO Box 82 , Danbury, NC 27016 |
No comments:
Post a Comment