Thursday, December 30, 2021

Madeleine Kamman’s White Chocolate-Chartreuse Bavarian

DavidLebovitz Update
 

Madeleine Kamman's White Chocolate-Chartreuse Bavarian
David, 31 Dec 02:06 AM

I don't remember the first time I made this dessert, but I certainly remember being wowed by its flavors, and the creator of it, Madeleine Kamman. (Who I'll get to in a minute…) I'd been making it for years and it's a wonderful way to use white chocolate, which pairs remarkably well with dark chocolate, but also goes nicely with everything from berries and lemon, and caramelizes beautifully, which can be used in cakes, sorbets, and ice cream. (I learned how to make it at the Valrhona Chocolate School, and it's become so popular that the company now sells it by the bar.)

What can't white chocolate do?

Well, it can't replace chocolate because it's not chocolate. Milk chocolate technically isn't chocolate; it's chocolate with milk added. On a similar note, I've only had Home Fries served to me at diners, not at home. And I'm still perplexed that we call it Banana Bread, because some people have told me that Cornbread, if made with a few teaspoons of sugar, isn't bread, it's cake. Yes, some insist that white chocolate "…isn't chocolate!" but herb tea, as it's commonly called in the U.S., has no tea in it. So if you've ever sipped a cup of "chamomile tea" (or even if you haven't), you are welcome to enjoy white chocolate!

Continue Reading Madeleine Kamman's White Chocolate-Chartreuse Bavarian...

Moving to My Substack Newsletter
David, 31 Dec 12:57 AM

Going into the New Year, you'll soon notice a few changes on the site, which I'm in the process of sprucing up. On the Home page you'll be able to see posts, from the most recent ones, to all the recipes on the blog by categories. In addition, there will be a dedicated space that features Paris tips, including my favorite restaurants, bakeries, wine bars, shops, and outdoor markets.

A bigger change is that I'm expanding my newsletter, which I started in 2006/2007, and am writing more stories and sharing more recipes there. The blog will evolve, along with the new design, as I move forward.

Continue Reading Moving to My Substack Newsletter...

 
Like   Tweet   Pin  
 
Powered by Mad Mimi®A GoDaddy® company

No comments:

Post a Comment