Thursday, December 30, 2021

How I dropped the pregnancy weight

The subject of this email makes me cringe. 

The Food Babe lifestyle has never been about the number on the scale, nor do I ever want it to be. 

I also don't want to encourage any feelings of self-doubt about body image for new Moms.

Feeling good after having children should not come at the price of obsessing about weight, or trying to get your "pre-baby body back" because if you are a mom – you know your body (and mind and spirit) has been changed forever. 

Becoming a mom has been the greatest thing I have ever achieved in my life – and no extra weight on my body will ever take away the joy I have from giving birth and getting to spend time with my children.

But there is the reality of wanting to look and feel like your best self again and this email is all about that. 

I gave birth to my 2nd child almost exactly one year ago, on New Year's Day! 

This pregnancy was way different than my first.

I wasn't in as good of shape as I was the first time in terms of athletically and physically fit, but I still was working out as much as I could considering that most of the gyms were closed.

It was really hard to be motivated and I felt generally uncomfortable, achy, and tired for most of my pregnancy, but I gained the same amount of weight that I gained with Harley as with this baby–about 35 pounds.

After my son was born, I let sugar cravings get the best of me and found myself eating organic candy and sweets every day.

Sometimes several times a day. This was causing my eczema to break out and triggered the worst allergy season I'd experienced in years. 

At the time, I honestly wasn't overly concerned about getting my "pre-baby body" as I was really focused on taking care of the new addition to our family.

I knew I was eating wayyy too much sugar and finally admitted to myself that I needed to get it under control. 

That is when I put myself on my Sugar Detox Program - and not only did my miserable skin issues and sugar cravings disappear within 20 days, but the excess pregnancy weight just fell right off within a few months without excessive exercise or calorie cutting. BONUS! It was so nice to fit into my old clothes again and feel like myself.

Going on a sugar detox is one of the fastest and healthiest ways to lose weight. 

That's because sugar adds empty calories to your diet and jacks up your blood sugar – two processes that form excess body fat.

It also screws with your appetite–making you feel ravenous. The more sugar you eat, you find yourself craving more and more. It's a hard cycle to break and before you know it, you're not fitting into your favorite clothes anymore. 

I'm so excited about how great I've been feeling since I went on my Sugar Detox, which is why I decided to offer it for you to try it too!  

Get the Food Babe 7-Day Sugar Detox Program for a one-time price: CLICK HERE

See everything included in the program here.

Sign up tonight and take a few days to familiarize yourself with the materials, watch the videos and then plan a time to get started. Maybe you ask a friend or get your whole family on board too. 

You can start anytime, but need to sign up by Monday to get this special deal. 

Click the link to get started.

I'm waiting to cheer you on!

Xo, 

Vani


P.S. I'll be going on Instagram Live today, Thursday, December 30th at 3:00pm EST to discuss more details on how I broke free from sugar and to answer your questions about the Sugar Detox. I invite you to come join me there too! Follow me @TheFoodBabe and don't forget to tune in.


P.O. Box 31521 Charlotte, NC 28231

If you would like to stop receiving free food investigations, recipes and healthy living tips, you can update your preferences here.

No comments:

Post a Comment