Saturday, December 11, 2021

How I use My Slow Cooker to Meal Prep (and eat clean)

organize yourself skinny

Hey there reader!

Last week, I talked about how I'm still on team slow cooker in a world of Instant Pot, Air Fryers, and Foodie Ninjas. I love my slow cooker and can't imagine going a week without using it. It is one of the essential kitchen tools I use to prepare clean eating recipes ahead of time.

Here's a post I put together that shares the five ways I use a slow cooker for meal prep. You'll find my expert tips along with some of my favorite slow cooker clean eating recipes.

Here's a quick snapshot.

1. Put together slow cooker freezer kits.

I assemble the recipe and put it into a freezer bag to cook later. Some recipes can go into the bag without cooking and minimal prep work. Others take a little more effort but still are easy to prepare.

The best thing about freezer kits is I can get 4-6 assembled in one day which means 4-6 dinners are ready for the month- possibly more because there's always leftovers. Here are my favorite chicken freezer meal kits.

2. Assemble the slow cooker recipe the night before.

Either Sunday or the night before, I'll assemble the ingredients into the slow cooker insert and refrigerate.

I'll put the insert into the slow cooker in the morning and turn it on. Next to freezer kits, it's my favorite way to use my slow cooker for meal prep.

3. Prepare shredded chicken or beef for dinners during the week. Just about every weekend I'll make a batch of shredded to meat to have recipe ready for during the week.

It's incredible how fast dinner comes together during the week when you have shredded meat in the refrigerator or freezer. Here are my favorite shredded chicken recipes.

See my other tips by checking out the post.

Have a great weekend!

Tammy Overhoff

organize yourself skinny

No comments:

Post a Comment