To be honest, I wasn't sure when to send this email out. Is it too soon to be planning out holiday cookies, or am I a little too late? ....hopefully not the latter!
Today I'm sharing EIGHT holiday cookie recipes, along with a non-cookie holiday recipe that I make every year. December is THE month for cookies, so hopefully you find one or more recipes to add to your baking list!
Thumbprint Cookies with Icing
These are probably the most popular cookie recipe on the blog! They're a classic thumbprint cookie but they're rolled in crushed walnuts first, and filled with a delicious buttercream icing. What's not to love?!
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Blossoms
Perfect for the gluten free friend in your life! They're flourless, meaning they're made with peanut butter, maple syrup and an egg while still being soft, chewy and absolutely delicious.
Molasses Chocolate Chip Cookies
Calling all molasses skeptics: this cookie is for you. I shared these cookies with my neighbors last year, and though they claimed not to really like molasses, they devoured these cookies. Because hello, chocolate chips make everything better!
Soft & Chewy Coconut Cookies
Ask my #1 favorite cookie on the blog and it would be these coconut cookies. No seriously, I make them ALL the time because they're basically a sugar cookie but with coconut, and the texture is PERFECT.
If you are a fan of molasses, you'll love these ginger cookies. Plus, they're vegan (but you wouldn't know it!), so your favorite vegan friend or family member will thank you for making them!
Cranberry Chai Thumbprint Cookies
These are more like a classic thumbprint cookie, but they're filled with a tart cranberry-chai compote instead of jelly/jam. Very delicious and easy to make!
Chocolate Peppermint Shortbread Cookies
Chocolate peppermint fans rejoice: these shortbread cookies are EVERYTHING. A classic shortbread cookie but with the addition of peppermint extract, then they're topped with a rich chocolate ganache icing (and candy cane pieces for good measure).
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Last but not least, chocolate chip cookies. Personally, I don't consider chocolate chip cookies a "holiday" cookie (they're a year-round cookie IMO), but so many people do, so I included them on this list. Along with the coconut cookies above, these are my second favorite cookie -- plus, can you really go wrong with chocolate chip cookies?!
BONUS: Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
..not a cookie, but an absolute MUST this holiday season! I make these every single Christmas morning, then take them over to my mom's house and we eat them up. So, so good!
Happy holiday baking! As always, I appreciate any comments on the blog if you make a recipe :)
-Erin
No comments:
Post a Comment