Tuesday, July 13, 2021

How do you plan for an epic road trip? All the details.

Hi reader,

First, I have to say thank you. You all FLOODED my inbox with well wishes, prayers and excitement over our upcoming epic road trip. My heart was overflowing with emotions!!

I'm sending each and every one of you a massive virtual hug right now! {{{{{  YOU  }}}}}}

Second, you all had lots of questions!! I personally love hearing the nitty gritty details of my favorite bloggers lives (creepy?), so I'm happy to share with you all!

How can you afford this financially?

The whole reason we created a grocery budget was to pay off our debt (which we did in 2009) and we've been debt-free ever since (including our house). Paying off debt with gazelle-like intensity means being REALLY good at saving, and we still are. My husband also worked two full-time jobs during 2020 so we would be able to take this break as a family. ♥

What parks are you going to?

As many as we can, LOL! Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Zion, Arches, Canyonlands, Grand Teton, Yellowstone, Craters, Glacier, Mt. Rushmore, Badlands, Theodore Roosevelt… We won't be in Colorado, but if there's any we missed in Arizona, Utah, Idaho or Montana, let me know!

Are you renting an RV or driving?

We compared the cost of renting an RV vs. driving our own car and driving our own car is MUCH cheaper.

Tents or cabins?

Cabins 100%. Nothing glamorous by any means, but we learned early on that we simply don't sleep well in tents and no sleep = no fun.

Obvious question - what are you doing about food?

You know me - there's a plan for sure! I'll share everything about food next week - what tools I'm packing, the food we're eating, how we're packing it, where we're shopping, snacks we're packing… check your inbox in a week!

Will you be sharing your trip on the blog? 

As of right now, the plan is to document our trip via Instagram, Facebook, and email when we can. I'll be taking notes though, and will write up content for the blog when we're done. I want to make sure the recipes work, and any products we use or hacks we created are actually worth sharing. Plus, my goal is to create amazing memories with my family off-screen. ♥

How can you store or keep food without a fridge?

After going back and forth and reading TONS of reviews, we decided to buy an insulated cooler by Rugid (think Yeti, but MUCH cheaper, lol). It has a 70 quart capacity and it's on wheels, which was a requirement because it's going to get HEAVY!

Can you share your homeschool curriculum?

I'd love to! It actually took me quite awhile to figure this one out, and there are several "if this, then that" type of scenarios since we may be home, we may be without internet, we may be international… so I'll start working on those details and share them in a couple weeks!


ALL my best ♥,


PS - Next week I'm talking all about food, and the week after I'll share homeschool details. If you have questions, just hit reply and ask! I'm happy to share our plans for Skip Year!

Popular on the Blog this Week

Use this recipe for Strawberry Lemonade Kombucha to give your summer drinks a new kick! With lots of fizz and full of flavor, everyone will want to steal a sip of your healthy drink.

Read More Here
Ever wonder if Thrive Market is right for you? Here's my open and honest Thrive Market review, with the good, the bad and the ugly. Can you save money? Is it really healthy? Come and read for yourself!

Read More Here
An easy method for making crunchy quick pickled jalapenos in under 10 minutes, with a tutorial for canning or storing in the fridge. The BEST addition for tacos!

Read More Here

Freshly Updated

Ditch the expensive pre-cut pineapple and use this super easy tutorial on how to cut a pineapple without waste or even using a corer! Cut in half or make it fancy – this hack makes cutting a whole pineapple quick & easy!

Read More Here
Hands down, these homemade ice pops (or ice poles, as they're called Down Under!) are the easiest summer treat you'll ever make! Made with 100% real fruit and no added sugar, they're healthy, frugal, and absolutely delicious!

Read More Here
Review: Is Butcher Box worth the cost? Just pick your plan & options, then be intentional with the recipes in your meal plan. This monthly meat subscription is so easy to manage, and it can SAVE you money!

Read More Here

No comments:

Post a Comment