Monday, July 5, 2021

Eat & Live Goodness with Sharon Palmer, July 2021

View this email in your browser

July 2021
Think Cool, Light, and Green

The summer solstice has come and gone, bringing with it our longest days and our warmest temps. As much as I love summer's delightful offerings of seasonal fruits and veggies, and leisurely—and social!—picnics, vacations, and staycations, it can get ridiculously hot here in Ojai, as well as around the country! But even the heat can't keep me from enjoying my garden's glory and farmers market finds (and my Fruit & Veggie Popsicles, featured above). I beat the heat in my kitchen this time of year with lots of chill, no-cook recipes, like a Classic Bruschetta made with homegrown heirloom tomatoes, or a fun plant-based Greek Salad. It just feels really cool to eat the fresh, nutrient-rich, plant-based way this time of year. My favorite summer go-tos, like Herb Grilled Vegetables and crockpot Summer Vegetarian Chili can be easily prepped ahead and packed for all-day excursions, RV trips, and camping getaways, making it easy to enjoy plant-based deliciousness on the road. I'm also letting my grill, slow-cooker, and Instant Pot take the heat for me, my kitchen, and the planet by saving up to 70% of electricity used for cooking! These hot days remind me of my commitment to eating sustainably, one of the most impactful things we can do for our personal health, as well as to help reduce climate change. We can cut our environmental footprint with simple strategies, such as greening up our kitchens, reducing water and energy use, trimming food waste, eating a more plant-based diet, and using eco-friendly kitchen gear. I'll be sharing some of my favorite recipes, tips, articles, and inspiration on the blog this month for keeping it cool, light, and green!

With Love and Gratitude, 
Don't sweat it this summer! 
Check out my 10 Beat the Heat Plant-Based Recipes that will keep both you and your kitchen cool, such as my family favorite recipe for Mississippi Caviar.

Looking to be more sustainable everyday? 
Find out how to use your fork to reduce your impact on the environment in my Q&A.

Look who's in this month's issue of Forks Over Knives!
I'm sharing my nutrition advice on how much fiber you need in the summer issue of Forks Over Knives. Grab your copy today!
IG Plant-Based Cooking Show
Cook along with me on my Instagram Live Plant-Based Cooking Show! Live from my kitchen in Ojai every Thursday at 3 PST @SharonPalmerRD. 

Thriving on a Plant Based Diet
What if eating a plant-based diet could both promote your health and the planet's well-being? Listen in here as I chat with Kellee Marlow on the Spark podcast on how you can create a balanced diet, while reducing your carbon footprint.  

  
California Vegan is Live! 
I'm so excited to announce that my new book, California Vegan, is live at bookstores across the nation, Amazon, Apple, and my site. Get yours today!

Join the Free 30-Day Go Vegan Challenge!
Go Vegan the right way! Check out my FREE Go Vegan toolkit for everything you need to kickstart a healthy plant-based diet.


 
About Sharon 
Sharon Palmer, MSFS, RD is The Plant-Powered Dietitian. She is an award-winning food and nutrition journalist based in Ojai, California. Sharon speaks, writes, and blogs about her passion for delicious, healthful, sustainable plant-based foods every day. Check out her three books, and don't forget to follow Sharon on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and her blog. If you'd like to work with Sharon, please contact her here.
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest
LinkedIn
YouTube
Copyright © 2021 Sharon Palmer, RD, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you opted in at our website.

Our mailing address is:
Sharon Palmer, RD
PO Box 967
Ojai, CA 93024

Add us to your address book


Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp

No comments:

Post a Comment