Hello and welcome back to Supersize Me! And apologies for the slight lateness of this newsletter today; I ended up unexpectedly traipsing around a significant portion of south-east London thanks to emergency gas works and road closures. But here we are, finally! This week, a sesame and chilli crisp noodle sauce I’d say I eat, on average, once a fortnight, which is very regular for me because I’m constantly developing and testing new recipes for work. My fridge is always packed with Tupperware; sometimes I’ll end up with a fantastical buffet-of-dreams for my dinner, and other times I’ll be staring down a combination so weird I have to separate it into different courses to maintain my self-respect. As it happens, I’ve just this minute sent off a piece about buffets for a national newspaper, and it got me thinking about how these meals fit together. On the one hand, you can pretty much sling anything on a long table and it will definitely disappear; on the other, the buffet is its own kind of microbiome, a delicate balance of housemates who are either living in harmony or arguing about whose turn it is to do the washing up and FFS why don’t you EVER clean the bathroom without being asked?! ... Continue reading this post for free in the Substack app |
Friday, November 21, 2025
Supersize Me! The sesame-chilli crisp noodle sauce I'm making on repeat
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment