Monday, January 31, 2022

capitale, Paris

DavidLebovitz Update
 

capitale, Paris
David, 31 Jan 08:18 AM

The Paris dining scene continues to change and evolve. The pandemic changed where we ate, and how we ate…at least for a while. Restaurants are all open again, and packed. But the pause provided a chance to breathe new life into the city. The government offered support, but still, the closings affected restaurants, cafés, and bars hard, which were still reeling from setbacks that included lengthy strikes, unruly protests, attacks, and now, Covid.

As the city comes back to life, there are little gems that sparkle here and there. And Capitale is one of them.

The owner is Margot Lecarpentier, who may be familiar to some of you as I profiled her, and her bar, Combat, in Drinking French. It's one of my favorite places to have a drink in Paris, perched on a hill in the multicultural Belleville neighborhood, where I do a lot of my food shopping. When writing the book, I asked Margot about the expansive bar she designed for making cocktails on, she said she wanted it to feel like a dining room table, and added, "Because I am from Normandy…and I like to eat!"

Continue Reading capitale, Paris...
 
Like   Tweet   Pin  
 
Powered by Mad Mimi®A GoDaddy® company

No comments:

Post a Comment