Friday, August 6, 2021

Ready for the weekend?

Logo

it's Friday, Friday, gonna get down on Friday

Chocolate buttermilk squares are probably what you need this weekend.

First of all, thank you to everyone for the kind words, orders, and just overall excitement about the Dinner Then Dessert cookbook! It has truly been such a long way to get here and such a big secret to try to keep, and I am not ashamed to admit that I actually squealed flipping through the cookbook when it arrived at my house. It was like Christmas morning and my birthday and that feeling when your house is clean all at once, if that makes sense ;) So glad I can finally share that feeling with all of you!

Unfortunately, on the other side of things, we have been working with our website developer on an issue that has prevented the daily recipe emails from going out. Thanks for your patience with this! Trust me, I am just as frustrated with this situation as you are. In the giant game of life whack-a-mole, this is just the latest thing we've got to figure out (you all have played this arcade game, right? Or is it just my kids who love it…)

At any rate, we're pushing on! This weekend we're planning on swimming, barbecuing, making s'mores — basically squeezing in as much "summer" stuff as we can (can you believe it's August already?!) Considering adding Nutella to my s'more instead of chocolate, because that's just how daring I like to be these days ;) Now, onto the links!

  • Even if summer is winding down I am keeping my toes polished in these neon colors. Maybe until… October? (Also, love that they are non-toxic!)

  • While waiting for the next season of The Great British Baking Show I am enjoying this show very much, despite knowing nothing about pottery!

  • Met a mom at the park the other day wearing one of these hats and I may now be slightly obsessed and keep putting different styles in my cart and then swapping out. This is the normal online shopping process for everyone, right?

  • These bags have been lifesavers for my kids' snacks all summer, and now I'm trying to get them all organized and clean before school starts.

  • I thought I was the only person who sobbed on planes! This made me laugh.

  • This watering can is so chic it makes me think that it would look nice even when I would inevitably leave it in the garden accidentally for days at a time.

  • A zero-waste store is opening near me and I am so interested in learning more about how it works and their products. I found this one online, but I want reviews from real people I know to see how it fits into their lives. Anyone out there made this jump yet?

That's it for now. As my mom says, have a good one (and be safe)!

Facebook iconInstagram iconTwitter icon
Logo

Copyright (C) 2021 Dinner, then Dessert. All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you signed up to follow all the deliciousness happening over at Dinner, then Dessert. Thanks for that, by the way!

Our mailing address is:

Dinner, then Dessert
2351 Sunset Blvd Ste 170-950
Rocklin, CA 95675

Add us to your address book


Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp

No comments:

Post a Comment