Monday, August 30, 2021

Weekly Meal Plan & Exercise Routine (August 30th)

​

organize yourself skinny logo
​

Hey there!

It's been a few weeks since sending you a weekly meal plan and exercise routine email. I don't even have an excuse because, truthfully, it seems like June was just yesterday.

The summer has flown by!

I can't believe my girls start school on Wednesday. They have not been full-time in school since March 2020! I loved having them home, but I'm not going to lie; I'm looking forward to getting back into an uninterrupted work schedule.

The last couple of weeks, I've been in back-to-school mode. We have a packed schedule this Fall, so unless I want to have a mental breakdown by the middle of September, I had to take time and get my house and kids organized for back to school.

Not sure if you remember, but in the last meal plan email, I said I was working on a new free meal plan for email subscribers. If you don't already have it, then you can download it here.

Okay, here's the meal plan for this week.

weekly meal plan
​

Breakfast

​Cherry Blueberry Smoothie​

Meal prep tips

  • I assembled the ingredients into freezer smoothie packs on Sunday.

Lunch

​Protein Power Mason Jar​

Meal prep tips

  • I put together five salads for the week yesterday.

Dinner

​One-pot Chicken and Rice​

Baked Pork Chops with Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes

​Taco Stuffed Peppers​

​Steak Fajitas​

​Homemade Sheet Pan Pizza​

Meal prep tips

  • I'm making the chicken and rice recipe tonight. This will come together quickly because the rice is already cooked, and I'm using crockpot shredded I made over the weekend.
  • I made the slow cooker baked potatoes today.
  • I cooked the taco stuffed peppers and steak fajitas yesterday.
  • I'm making the pizza dough on Thursday for pizza night.

Snacks

​Peanut butter chocolate energy balls​

​Pumpkin granola​

Meal prep tips

  • I made the peanut butter balls and granola over the weekend.

If you are a Thrive Market customer, you can check out my healthy pantry staples list I have saved- including ingredients used in this meal plan. If you want to give Thrive Market a try, then here's 25% off your first order as a new subscriber.


Exercise Schedule

My goal this week is to exercise 5 times. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get a workout in this morning. So, I'll need to fit in some time this weekend.

Here's the exercise routine I'll follow:

  • Tuesday – Cardio, arms, and core
  • Wednesday – Cardio, legs, and core
  • Thursday - Cardio, arms, and core
  • Friday –Cardio, legs, and core
  • Saturday or Sunday - Cardio and combo strength-training

I do 45 minutes on the treadmill for cardio, a combination of running and power-walking at inclines.

I do toning moves like bicep curls, tricep extensions, squats, lounges, and exercise moves like that for toning. I use 5 – 8lb weights.

I follow the exercise routines that I put together for the OYS eBook Bundle.

Habits to focus on

I'm looking forward to this summer being behind us and getting back into a solid Fall routine!

In September, these are the habits I'll be focusing on:

My morning routine. In June, I got up at 4:30 am and got a good chunk of work done between 4:30 and 7:30 am. Then I would work out, get ready, and jump back into work for a 4 more hours or so. It was a great routine that helps will get a lot accomplished. Well, I fell out of that Routine once July hit. I still woke up early, but my morning routine wasn't as a regimen. In September,r I plan to focus on putting in place a solid morning routine.

Hydration is always a focus of mine because if I don't pay attention, I won't drink enough water. So, in addition to drinking a daily smoothie, I want to drink 64 ounces of water every day.

Tracking food. This summer, I got off track with calories. Starting September 1st, I'm going to track every bite, lick, and sip.

No eating past 6:00 pm. I rarely eat after 7:00 pm, but I've been more relaxed with my eating rule these last few months. This month I'm going to be strict about not eating past 6:00 pm.

Okay, that's my weekly meal plan, exercise routine, and habits to focus on.

I want these to be helpful, so please let me know if I can expand or add anything else.

Have a great week!

Talk to you soon.

Tammy

Organize Yourself Skinny

​

​

Some of these links are my affiliate links. I'll make a small commission if you choose to use my links; however, you're not obligated to do so. If you do, thanks so much for supporting Organize Yourself Skinny.

No comments:

Post a Comment