Monday, May 31, 2021

Budget Bytes Weekly Digest 5/31


Here is what is new on Budget Bytes since the last time we visited:

Eggplant Mozzarella Sandwiches

I had a craving for a grilled eggplant sandwich the other day but 1) I don't have a grill and 2) that sounded like a lot of work, so I made this quick skillet version instead. The resulting Eggplant Mozzarella Sandwiches are a "meaty" combo of sautΓ©ed eggplant drenched with marinara sauce, piled high onto a garlic butter toasted bun, then topped off with melty mozzarella cheese. YES PLEASE. [Read more...]

How to Make a Simple Side Salad

I'm sure we've all seen the memes about buying a package of spring mix just so we can throw it away at the end of the week, completely untouched. And I'm sure we've all been able to relate. But I hate wasting food, so I wanted to share my formula for making a simple side salad and why you should make one with dinner tonight (and most nights). Because side salads are very underrated and often over complicated. So let's break it down. [Read more...]


Recently Updated:

Skillet Cheeseburger Pasta

Y'all know I love to get creative with flavors, but every once in a while I get in the mood for straight-up American comfort food, like cheeseburgers. When that craving hit this week I decided to make a cheeseburger flavored pasta, which gives me all that cheeseburger flavor with a lot less actual burger. Because when meat is one of the most expensive items at the grocery store you have to streeeeeeeeetch it any way you can. This Cheeseburger Pasta Skillet does just that. If you loved Hamburger Helper when you were growing up, you're going to love this homemade version even more! [Read more...]

New Videos:

Cheeseburger Pasta Skillet


Currently Trending:


Until next time, happy cooking!





Update your subscription preferences here | Unsubscribe | PO BOX 60262, Nashville, TN 37206

No comments:

Post a Comment