Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Anzac Biscuits

DavidLebovitz Update
 

Anzac Biscuits
Emily Cunningham, 04 May 06:51 AM

Hello, welcome to my guest post, where I share one of my favourite childhood recipes…and a taste of Australia. If you make these biscuits, I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!

Emily

When I lived in London, I once had an argument over holiday planning with a boss who didn't want to let me have time off to go home to Australia for Christmas. "England is your home now," she said. I immediately burst into tears and booked the flight online as she watched on in bemusement. In 3 years I will have been living outside Australia for longer than I lived there growing up but it is still where I mean when I say "home."

With 12 years in London and 5 years in France under my belt (I'll save you the math; I'm 37 and I moved overseas at 20) and with travel off the cards for the foreseeable future, it feels further away than ever. But there are some foods that transport me back home immediately, to dusty hot days in the playground (Vegemite sandwiches), salty air at the beach (shaved ice), or pre-exam jitters in the beautiful sandstone courtyard of my university (Allen's pineapples).

Continue Reading Anzac Biscuits...

Drinking French Booksigning in Brooklyn, NY
David, 03 May 07:03 PM

 

It's been quite a year! While my 2020 book tour was upended by a global pandemic – who'd a thought we'd ever be saying things like that? – I can finally able to have an event. If you're in New York City, I'll be at Slope Cellars in Brooklyn on Sunday, April 9th from 2 to 3:30pm signing copies of Drinking French. FINALLY! So stop by and get a personalized copy.

Slope Cellars is also proudly offering a Drinking French Bar Box featuring a selection of apéritifs and spirits so you can make some of my favorite drinks in the book. Included is a bottle of Citadelle gin from France, Dolin red vermouth made in Chambéry, the French alps, a bottle of small-batch Forthave spirits red bitter apéritif, and Old Forester Bottled-in-Bond rye, for making Boulevardier and Toronto cocktails from the book, as well as a signed copy of Drinking French. So you're welcome to pick up a Drinking French Bar Box with a book included or just a personalized copy of the book.

See you then!

Continue Reading Drinking French Booksigning in Brooklyn, NY...

 
Like   Tweet   Pin  
 
Powered by Mad Mimi®A GoDaddy® company

No comments:

Post a Comment