Thursday, February 25, 2021

You asked for it...Vegetable Tofu Scramble is here!


Hello! Here is what is new on Budget Bytes since the last time we visited:

Quickie Red Beans and Rice

Mardi Gras is definitely looking a little (okay, a lot) different this year, but that doesn't mean people aren't celebrating! I no longer live in New Orleans, but I still like to celebrate every year with a big pot of red beans and rice. I usually make a traditional pot of my Louisiana Style Red beans using dry beans, but I get so many questions about how to do it with canned beans that I decided to make this Quickie Red Beans and Rice recipe for those who just don't have time to soak and cook dry beans. It's not a traditional pot of red beans, but it's faster, satisfying, and will make you wish you were watching parades and catching beads! [Read more...]

Vegetable Tofu Scramble

A few weeks ago someone asked me to make a homemade version of Amy's Tofu Scramble. I had never had it before, so I went out and purchased one right away so I could give it a try. Well, it totally exceeded my expectations and I knew I needed to make something similar at home. This vegetable tofu scramble was flavorful, filling, and had an incredibly simple ingredient list. Those are all things I love, so I immediately set to work recreating it! [Read more...]


Recently Updated

Cumin Lime Coleslaw

I used to really hate coleslaw until I made my own homemade coleslaw. It's so fresh, crunchy, and creamy, and not at all gloppy or heavy like the store bought stuff. AND you can make it different flavors to suit your meal! This Cumin Lime Coleslaw has a bright and sunny dressing made with fresh lime juice, earthy cumin (which has always smelled kind of lemony to me), and a small pinch of cayenne. Green onions and shredded carrots add color and flavor to the crunchy cabbage and round out this easy, breezy coleslaw. [Read more...]



New Video:

Mediterranean Tuna Salad


Currently Trending:


Until next time, happy cooking!





Update your subscription preferences here | Unsubscribe | PO BOX 60262, Nashville, TN 37206

No comments:

Post a Comment