Fresh sweet corn stands are popping up all over my small-town neck of the woods, and I am here for it!
These are the recipes I look forward to making all year: hearty summer corn chowder (yes, whipping up soup in August is WORTH IT), fresh salads, and creamy side dishes.
I'm running errands this morning, and if I don't come home with an obscene amount of fresh corn, it will be a travesty. That loaded salad is first on my list!
P.S.Scroll down for the very best way to cook fresh sweet corn!
This chowder is delicious! I’ve made it with fresh corn and also with frozen corn. Frozen corn is good but using fresh really takes it to the next level. So, so good. It’s on my stove cooking right now for at least the fourth time.-Kiersten
I’ve made this soup probably 5-6 times since you posted it! It is my favorite dinner now. So delicious and easy! I add a little cumin and chipotle powder to give it a little extra kick, as well as a few drops of liquid smoke because the smokier the better. Amazing recipe Mel! Thank you so much for this gem!-Anna
This was so easy, quick, and adaptable. I see myself making it repeatedly. I added cucumbers for an extra veggie and diced pieces of pepperjack because that is what I had…I will make it again! Thank you!!-Alison
I’ve made this recipe 100x’s and it’s never failed. I’ make it for family get togethers and church picnics (doubled the recipe) and I’ve never had any left over. I have ALWAYS had people ask for the recipe. It is sooo good and so easy. My family’s favorite side dish! -Mallory
Yummmmm!!! I made a double batch of this for a teacher appreciation lunch and came home with an empty bowl. Threw this together for dinner tonight with some grilled chicken and am excited about leftovers for lunch tomorrow!!-Rebecca
PRO TIP!
Get the secret to the best corn on the cob! It’s so easy and fast, you’ll never make corn on the cob another way again.
Erika:I have been making this recipe since you came out with it. It is made several times a year and requested for birthday cakes as well haha! So dang delicious!
Laura:This is the best pie I’ve ever made and ever eaten!!! I used the no-fail pie crust and it made the best, flakiest pie crust! I will. Be making this over and over again!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment