Saturday, August 29, 2026

A Small Victory ๐Ÿ† Plus: Have you made it yet? ๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…

Friends, good morning.

Earlier this week, needing to put one lone, large eggplant to use, I "oven-fried" it, using a favorite old recipe from America's Test Kitchen. The beauty of the recipe is that the breaded eggplant rounds bake on a preheated baking sheet with a very small amount of oil — there is no standing at the stovetop, frying batch after batch.

The oven-fried eggplant rounds ultimately get smothered in sauce and cheese if you make ATK's full recipe for eggplant parmesan, which I can never get myself to do — the crispy rounds are irresistible on their own, and they are especially good dunked in a homemade sauce.

I hadn't prepared eggplant like this in a while, and I had little hopes of anyone really enjoying it apart from Ben and me.

But no sooner had I set the platter of crispy rounds on the table than it disappeared. Then came requests for more. For more eggplant! Everyone wanted more eggplant. This felt like a small victory.

Friends, if you've never given this one a go, I hope you find time before eggplant season passes. With some bread, cheese, and a good sauce on the side, you can make a meal out of it.

PS: The Sauce... it doesn't look like much, but it's so, so good. Have you made it yet?


Review of the Week

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Roasted Zucchini Parmesan

"This was sooooooo good! My husband would never eat Eggplant Parm but this received 2 thumbs up big time from both of us. Without deep frying or heavy cheeses, it felt light and healthful as well as delicious. Awesome!!!!"

— Xenia


7 Recipes to Make Right Now

Blistered Cherry Tomato Salsa

Samin Nosrat's Corn Soup with Herb Salsa

Blistered Green Beans with Garlic

Melissa Clark's Creamy (No Cream!) Corn Pasta

Pan-Roasted Baby Artichokes

Peach Cobbler with Hot Sugar Crust

No-Bake Granola Bars


Farm Share Friends:

... it's here! The season of ALL the greens, herbs, radishes, and more. While I am no longer updating The Farm Share Newsletter, these posts from previous years may be helpful:


Popular Right Now

You Are Loving These 3 Recipes ...


Thank You

Thank you to all who have ordered Pizza Night. If you haven't left a review yet, I would be so grateful if you did! ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿฅ—


5 Free Resources Available to You

PS: All previous editions of this newsletter are available here.

Happy Cooking,


Alexandra Stafford



Love what you're reading? Click here to receive an alert every time I post a new recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment