Tuesday, December 28, 2021

7 interesting and affordable meal ideas using boring holiday leftovers

Hi reader,

I hope your Christmas was overflowing with love and fun and family, and to be honest, I hope your fridge is overflowing with Christmas leftovers!

A few weeks ago I shared some thoughts on connected meal planning, and how to intentionally plan on using three affordable proteins (ground beef, chicken breasts, eggs) repeatedly on your meal plan in order to buy in bulk, save money, and save time in meal prep. 

Connected meal planning was KEY to getting our grocery budget under control. Since I have several leftovers in my own fridge, I wanted to share a few more ways you can simplify your meal plan, strategically use what you have (to reduce food waste), and spend less time in the kitchen!!

(If you don't have leftovers and want to use these ideas, remember to wait for the item to be on sale, preferably at its rock bottom price. Then buy enough for the entire week. If you have room in the budget, buy enough for two weeks and stash half in the freezer!)

Apples


Bread (leftover)


Sweet Potatoes


If you have zero experience with meal planning but want to learn for the upcoming year, I have great news! My course Meal Planning Bootcamp opens for enrollment soon, and to celebrate, I'm hosting a FREE 5-day Meal Planning Made Easy challenge! 

It's a GREAT way to get started with meal planning, and in fact, with new year's resolution brainstorming and the kids going back to school, there's no better time to learn!


"I pick up tips and ideas through Pinterest, blogs (like yours!), or magazine articles, but I've never purchased a course like this before."
-Kimberly

"I have a better plan that I can rotate through. And this will save me time and money!"
- Alicia

"I feel more skilled with meal planning and can plan further ahead. And I know what is in my spice cabinet! 🙂 "
- Amanda


The challenge starts January 3 - that's NEXT WEEK!! - and every day I'll go live at 11am ET on Facebook. 

Click HERE to reserve your spot and we'll work on meal planning together!

♥ Tiffany

PS - My FREE 5-day Meal Planning Made Easy starts NEXT WEEK - January 3 - and you're invited! We'll talk about the meal planning topics that you struggle with most - like where to get recipes (that YOUR family likes), what to do with leftovers, and what to do when you don't want to follow the plan.

Click HERE to save your spot, and let me show you how easy meal planning can be!

Popular on the Blog this Week

This Whole Foods Meal Plan for January is the perfect guide to help you meet all of your new year goals for healthy eating at home. Enjoy delicious seasonal salads like our Roasted Vegetable Kale Salad and nourishing bowls of Classic Hearty Chili and Hearty Minestrone Soup.

Read More Here
Losing weight with real food isn't complicated. These 4 reasons explain why real food supports healthy weight loss over the typical "diet" food on the market. Learn more about how to start eating real food with my 30 Minute Dinners meal plans!

Read More Here
This easy Instant Pot Chicken Detox Soup is simple, healthy and quick to make. Great for cleansing and dieting, plus it's freezer friendly & versatile (mix and match seasonal veggies)! Enjoy alongside an Instant Pot Sweet Potato.

Read More Here

Freshly Updated

Enjoy the deliciousness of eggnog year-round with this protein-packed eggnog smoothie recipe. Made with wholesome ingredients and nothing artificial. This holiday treat is easy to love, like my Gingerbread smoothie, because it is super clean, naturally gluten-free and full of healthy ingredients!

Read More Here
This recipe for sweet potato bake with apple breakfast casserole is perfect for busy mornings! It only takes a few minutes of prep, a few minutes to bake, and it's a nice alternative to eggs! It's Whole30 compliant and you can use whatever apples you have (I used granny smith.) Pairs great with homemade sausage or fresh fruit.

Read More Here
Delicious homemade cracker recipe using just 3 ingredients, plus options to add herbs! A great healthy snack for kids or family ready in just a few minutes. Great with a variety of dips or hummus.

Read More Here

New Posts on the Blog This Week

Easy recipe for fajita veggies, just like Chipotle! Bell peppers and onions make a simple, flavorful, and healthy Mexican side dish that's ready in minutes! Serve with your favorite Mexican recipes, such as my spicy black beans and cilantro lime rice. 

Read More Here

No comments:

Post a Comment