Saturday, February 20, 2021

Here's your Meal Plan for the week! ❤

Hello again,

I hope this email finds you well, and that you are staying warm wherever you are. After a week of rolling power outages and below-freezing temperatures here in the Midwest, seeing the thermometer finally hit 32ΒΊF feels like it's almost Spring!

My kids, of course, have been thrilled with this weather-- my son didn't have school for most of the week! (That's why I only have two new recipes for you this week, too.)

Speaking of... there's FINALLY a non-chocolate cake on my website! Vanilla cakes are challenging when you use natural sweeteners, because coconut sugar will turn them brown, so I'm very excited about this new Coconut Flour Cake.



This one is topped with my Sweet Potato Frosting, only I used white sweet potatoes this time, to keep with the "white cake" theme. It's not pure white, but it's about as close as a naturally-sweetened cake can get.

Cooking Videos

If you enjoy watching me cook in my own kitchen check out my latest video, and follow along step-by-step!

Air Fryer Salmon. If you are trying to eat more fish lately, this tutorial is for you! The salmon is perfectly seasoned, and cooks in less than 10 minutes in your air fryer. It's my favorite salad topping lately!


Here's What You Missed

If you haven't visited the website this week, here's what you missed:

Coconut Flour Cake. This gluten-free cake is a great option for a birthday! I purposefully don't use coconut oil in this recipe, to keep the coconut flavor more mild, and my kids approve of this one. It would be great with any of my naturally-sweetened frosting recipes.

Air Fryer Salmon. This is my new favorite way to cook fish. No need to preheat your big oven, and it cooks to flaky perfection in less than 10 minutes!



Dinner Ideas for the Week

Need some dinner inspiration? Here are some delicious ideas to help!

Sunday: Quinoa & Black Bean Salad. This is my go-to meal when I want easy leftovers for lunch the next day. Everyone in my family loves this one, and it's easy to customize with extra toppings.

Monday: Slow Cooker Pumpkin Soup with Brussels Sprouts Salad. A delicious combo when you want something warm & comforting, and with lots of flavor!

Tuesday: Speedy Chicken Burgers. This recipe comes together fast, and you can serve it in a lettuce wrap for a more nutrient-dense meal. For a vegetarian option, try my easy Black Bean Burgers, which don't require a food processor!

Wednesday: Sweet Potato Hash. I love making breakfast for dinner every now and then, and this one is easy because everything bakes together in a sheet pan!

Thursday: Vegan Pasta. Did you know that simply adding hummus to your pasta sauce can make it ultra-creamy? It's one of my favorite dairy-free tricks! Check out my vegan take on "Baked Feta Pasta" if you want to try that version, too.

Friday: Holiday Salad with Air Fryer Salmon. I call this my "holiday" salad because it's the salad I bring to every holiday by popular demand! The combination is SO good, and when I'm not feeling like eating salads, this one always makes me change my mind. Try it topped with salmon for a complete meal.

Saturday: Day off from cooking! (Leftovers or take-out)


*If you try one of my recipes this week, could you please take a moment to leave a star-rating and review directly on my website? It's one of the most helpful things you can do! It let's me know which recipes you are enjoying, and it's the best place to ask questions if you have any. I read the comments there myself every day.

(It also lets Google know that other people like my recipes, and Google is what allows me to keep providing FREE recipes for you! So, we want to keep Google happy.)


Until next time, I hope you have a great week!

xo
Megan


P.S. If you need a complete meal plan, with breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks, be sure to check out my 5-Day Winter Reset. It's filled with seasonal recipes that are all gluten-free and plant-based, to help you feel your best. And all of the planning, shopping lists, and meal prep ideas are done for you!



 
My mailing address:
Detoxinista
P.O. Box 7133
Overland Park, KS 66207

Add us to your address book


unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences 

No comments:

Post a Comment