Wednesday, February 17, 2021

5 Comfort Food Recipes to Hunker Down With



Hi reader!

It seems like half the country is either in a deep freeze or preparing for historic storms. Here in Iowa we haven't had temperatures above 0 in many days, and I haven't seen this much snow on the ground since I was a kid.

πŸ’‘Idea: let's hunker down with some comfort food!

Going beyond soups and creamy skillets (which you know I adore) here are 5 recipes that are the epitome of comfort. Warming from the inside out. Which one will you make?

Stay safe and warm!

#1 Beef Stew with Mashed Potatoes

Reader Anika says, "One of our all time favorites! I find it so relaxing to make and incredibly delicious!"

#2 Cheesy Chicken and Rice Green Bean Casserole

Reader Jennifer says, "Made this tonight and we both LOVED it!! did 2 smaller pans so I was able to pop one in the deep freeze for future eating. Didn't change a thing. Delicious!"

#3 Homestyle Beef and GF Noodles

Reader Kelley says, "Every recipe I've made is wonderful. This is by far the best. My boyfriend just told me he has never had beef and noodles this good."

#4 Crock Pot Sausage and Peppers

Reader Michelle says, "This is hands down the Best Sausage, peppers & onion recipe! I make this all the time & it's such a hit! Making it today! Thanks so much for sharing!"

#5 Homestyle Chicken and GF Noodles

Reader Kristi says,"Some of us need gluten-free, and some of us don't. But EVERYONE loved this, even the one who doesn't like chicken noodle soup. My husband is already asking when I will make it again. Delicious!"

More Comfort Food Recipes >


Most Pinned Recipe of the Week:


Latest Post on Iowa Girl Eats:

Happy eating!

Kristin



Loving these emails? To get an email anytime I post a new recipe or blog post, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment