Wednesday, January 31, 2024

What to do with a pantry full of food and nothing to eat.

Hi reader,

I remember standing at the sink in my California townhouse kitchen, staring at open cabinets filled to the brim with boxes of cake mix, and telling my husband that we had nothing to eat.

We were supposed to make something for a potluck at church the next day.

Despite having a kitchen full of food, my default reaction was to go shopping!

My husband challenged me that day to go 7 days without spending any money, including grocery shopping.

I was hesitant, but I also had no good reason to say no…

Sure meals may look weird, but we'd be saving money, right?

We had just hit our stride on Day 7 and we were still eating well, so we extended it to 10 days.

Soon 10 days became 15 and 15 days became 20…

And the next thing we knew, we went 33 days without spending money (outside of obligatory bills, like rent and electricity).

I loved the creative aspect of the challenge, having to come up with meals out of just a few foods we had on hand.

I also realized that we have A LOT more food than we think we do!

We're about to open the doors to our free Kitchen Sink Pantry Challenge. We do this twice a year and it's one of my favorites!

In just 4 days, I'll show you how to have a pantry challenge, how to turn random ingredients into an actual meal, and how to restock your pantry without going broke!

I want to hear what small changes you've made lately towards healthier eating. Those small steps add up!

Don't reply to this email!

Instead, go to this Facebook post (or if you prefer, this Instagram post), and tell me there.

♥ Tiffany

If you're not interested in joining the Kitchen Sink Pantry Challenge this time, that's ok! You're free to opt out here. :) You'll still get the weekly newsletter unless you opt out of everything below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment