Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Free traditional cooking ebooks just for you!

Hi reader,

No one can be an expert at everything.

Growing up, my husband was TERRIBLE at math. He had a tutor through high school and got a deer-in-the-deadlights look when the kids hit 4th grade.

But the man is an economics GENIUS. His face lights up when I ask about inflation vs. stagflation vs. devaluation of the dollar…

It's the complete opposite for me.

I LOVE math! I tested out of college Calculus II during my senior year in high school. By the time I was a sophomore in college, I had enough credits to declare math my minor.

But when he talks economics, I hear a foreign language. I studied my tail off and squeaked by with a C- average. That's why when my son needs help for Algebra II, he comes to me. When he needs help in economics, he goes to my husband!

Over the years I used my math skills and became an expert at eating real food on a budget.

Do you want to know about meal planning, strategic shopping, and getting the most out of every dollar you spend at the store? I'm your gal.

But if you want to know more about traditional foods - sourdough, fermentation, soaking grains and nuts, cultured dairy - I'm going to send you to my friend Wardee.

Wardee is well-known in the traditional cooking space, having founded Traditional Cooking School in 2010 after her son was born with red, itchy rashes all over his body.

She was frustrated and desperate to find a way to balance the foods her family wanted to eat with her son's dietary needs, so she turned to traditional cooking methods. Now 14 years later, she's sharing her expertise with the world and has a brand new resource FREE just for Crumbs readers!

>> Download Eating God's Way FREE 2-part Book Set

Eating God's Way is a two-part book set:

 

  1. The first book is an explainer guide sharing the history behind traditional cooking methods. There's a short deep dive into each of the major food groups and the best way to prepare each of them (and why eliminating food groups isn't the answer). If you have questions about why traditional foods are prepared the way they are, this explainer guide will hold your hand.
  2. The second book is a cookbook with eight simple yet nourishing recipes with SIMPLE instructions even the most novice cook can follow. (Her sourdough chocolate cake sounds DELICIOUS!)

Both Eating God's Way books are designed to go hand-in-hand so that as you learn more about traditional foods, you can implement simple recipes into your meal plan. (i.e. swapping a Costco rotisserie chicken for homemade roasted chicken, then taking those bones and creating a super nourishing stock)


I love how Wardee's teaching style and recipes are very similar to my own - simple, straight-forward, no-fuss. But I also love that her readers are saving money with her traditional cooking methods too!

I have definitely saved money on food! We cut our food budget in half the very first month... from $1000 per month down to $500 per month. I can whip up meals in no time. And my husband loves them! I made a skillet dinner the other night and he thought it was wonderful. He said... "You could put this in a restaurant, everybody would eat it..." I was thinking, "If you only knew it was 10 minutes of throwing everything in the skillet! —Darla M.

If you've been wanting to learn more about traditional cooking methods AND want to do it without spending a lot of money, I cannot recommend Wardee's Eating God's Way FREE 2-part book set enough!

>> Download Eating God's Way FREE 2-part Book Set

ALL my best ♥,



PS: I sent out an official invite yesterday, but in case you missed it, we're having a Pantry Challenge in February!!

That's right, I'm hosing a 4-Day Pantry Challenge starting February 5, 2024. That's just under two weeks away!


Sign up here to join the Kitchen Sink Pantry Challenge!

Popular on the Blog this Week

Great tips to help you create frugal recipes and a menu for a no spend pantry challenge. Learning how to eat from the pantry can really save a lot of money! 

Read More Here  
Learn how to stretch ground beef with 17 meat filler options, so you can stretch 2 pounds of ground beef over 8+ meals! Follow these easy steps to stretch your beef and save money.

  Read More Here  
Make this delicious homemade cracker recipe using just 3 ingredients (or add dried herbs for a yummy, seasoned cracker)! Crackers are a quick and easy healthy snack that your family will love, whether you pair them with cheese or dip them in hummus.

Read More Here  

Freshly Updated

The Butcher Box reviews are in! If you wonder about the prices, quality, and even what comes in a box, keep reading! My family has used ButcherBox for several years, and we love the quality of the meat.

 Read More Here 

This gluten-free sourdough starter, made with whole-grain brown rice flour, will give you the benefits of sourdough without the gluten. It's easy to start, and it makes delicious sourdough baked goods!

 Read More Here 

This simple yellow rice comes together super fast in the Instant Pot. It's delicious and versatile – serve it as a side with anything from tacos to salad or make it a meal on its own by adding chicken and veggies. However you serve it, your family will love it!

 Read More Here 


No comments:

Post a Comment