Tuesday, January 30, 2024

πŸ“ These Shredded Chicken Recipes Will Make Your Weeks Easier!

Hey there reader!

I feel like I talk a lot about shredded chicken! I can't help it. My job is to help you fit healthier eating habits into your busy week, and having shredded chicken ready in the refrigerator is one of the best ways to do that.

You can use shredded chicken in so many different ways.

✅ You can keep it in the refrigerator for salads, wraps, or sandwiches.

✅ You can build a healthy rice bowl with shredded chicken, veggies, and sauce.

✅ You can portion it out to use in soups, casseroles, or any recipe that calls for shredded chicken.

Having shredded chicken can help get dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes or lunches made quickly.

It is one of my favorite foods to meal prep!

After the chicken is shredded and cooled, I'll portion it into 1-2 cup portions, depending on the recipe.

Many people ask me how long cooked chicken stays fresh in the refrigerator.

According to foodsafety.gov, cooked poultry stays safe in the fridge for 3-4 days.

In my personal experience, I've had zero problems with chicken in the refrigerator for 5-6 days, but I'm a rebel.

❄️ However, if you're concerned, I recommend freezing the shredded chicken ahead of time and taking it out the day before you use it - cooked poultry stays safe in the freezer for up to 9 months. Or keep it in the freezer until you're ready to eat it, and then reheat it in the microwave (1 - 3 minutes on high works for me).

Okay, here are my favorite shredded chicken recipes.

⭐️ Crockpot Shredded Chicken. This is a slow cooker recipe I use to make basic shredded chicken. I like cooking the chicken in the slow cooker because I can start it in the morning, forget about it, and then shred it up later. This is a super simple yet tasty recipe you can use in various recipes.

⭐️ Crockpot Buffalo Shredded Chicken. If you love the flavors of buffalo chicken wings, then you'll want to try this. It's so easy to make and perfect for wraps, salads, or Buffalo macaroni and cheese!

⭐️ Crockpot Mexican Shredded Chicken. We love this shredded chicken in quesadillas, tacos, and enchiladas.

If you need more ideas, check out my post on making shredded chicken for future meals - there are lots of recipe ideas there.

Tammy πŸ’•

No comments:

Post a Comment