Friday, December 30, 2022

Ina's Baked Fontina, Homemade Spinach-Artichoke Dip (in a bread bowl!), Tangerine Spritzes & More Favorite New Year's Eve Nibbles

Friends, hello.

I just returned from visiting my parents and siblings in Connecticut. It was, as always, too short, and felt especially short this time around as I caught some sort of bug and spent the next two days in bed... it was the worst.

From my bedroom, however, I still felt somewhat part of the occasion, the giggles to everyone playing Telestrations* along with the continuous stream of Christmas music and the smell of logs burning from the living room making me feel somewhat alive.

I am finally feeling well enough to eat and cook again, and I am hoping you all, too, are healthy and happy. Happy New Year, Friends! I hope you get to spend tomorrow evening surrounded by people you love with lots of good food and cheer as you count down to 2023 (how?).

In this post you will find 40+ New Year's Eve recipes from drinks and dips to pear-topped gorgonzola flatbread and cheesy bread sticks to olive tapenade and Ina's most delicious baked fontina.

*My brother and sister-in-law gave us Telestrations for Christmas and it has been a massive hit. Have you played it?

PS: Pictured above is this sun-dried tomato and spinach pesto. It's super simple to assemble and so good spread over crostini:

PPS: How to Make Crostini


10 Festive Appetizers

Spinach Artichoke Dip (... in a bread bowl πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰)

​Tangerine Spritz

Ina Garten's Baked Fontina

Blistered Shishitos with Avocado Crema

Endive Boats with Pear, Blue Cheese, and Candied Pepitas

Thyme-Roasted Grapes with Homemade Ricotta

Homemade Ranch Dip with Greek Yogurt (a favorite!)

Pickled CruditΓ© with Spicy Cashew Dip

​Raw Beet Dip

Simple Marinated Olives


PS: Martha Stewart's Hot Crab Dip

PPS: Orange and Olive Oil Cake

Happy Cooking,


Alexandra Stafford



Love what you're reading? Click here to receive an alert every time I post a new recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment