Tuesday, January 18, 2022

How to dice an onion like a PRO.

Learn this way with your onion and you'll never avoid dicing again!
Company Logo
image

~ This technique is great to know ~

First order of business in culinary school: everyone has to know how to slice an onion (and quickly!). The pros use a very sharp chef's knife to slice and dice, making the process much easier. I was SO happy to learn a quick way to dice, being so chop-averse (I'll ask anyone near the kitchen to do the chopping...). Here are a few tips to get it done.

image

I guess I get all deep about my food. Here's this from my post about how to dice an onion, from some time back...

Onions are perhaps the most ironic of all foods, and that may be why I am drawn to them. The same volatile compound in onions that make you cry is what makes onions taste so good. Our dear Lebanese poet Khalil Gibran's words come round again and again: "Your joy is your sorrow unmasked. And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears."

image

I needed to get a handle on dicing an onion so mujadara-making wouldn't be such a task. Mission accomplished!

There's plenty of diced onion in Mujadara Lentil Pilaf
image

Have you tried our Addictive Granola yet? Drizzle with honey, Dollop with labneh.

Shop!
image

On special this week, RAW HONEY from Lebanon.

Save with code RAWHONEY22
Facebook Pinterest Instagram
Maureen Abood

Unsubscribe

Maureen Abood, c/o 1611 E. Kalamazoo Street, Lansing, Michigan 48912 United States

No comments:

Post a Comment