Monday, December 20, 2021

Budget Bytes Weekly Digest 12/20


Hello! Here's what we've been cooking up this week:

Ultimate Homemade Hot Chocolate

Fun fact: the number of times people searched the internet for hot chocolate in December 2020 was twice that of previous years. Why? Probably because we all needed that extra comfort after a hard year. I don't know about you, but I still need the creamy, cozy comfort of a mug full of hot chocolate. 😅 Thankfully, homemade hot cocoa is super fast to make, you can make one mug at a time or in a big batch, and I've got a bunch of fun ideas for add-ins so you can make a new flavor every time. :) Keep scrolling for delicious, chocolatey goodness! [Read more...]

Roasted Delicata Squash

I need to share a food with you that I've been crushing on lately. It's not anything fancy or even unique, but somehow it still blows my mind every time I make it. I'm talking about roasted delicata squash. Everyone always talks about butternut squash, acorn squash, and spaghetti squash, but we need to be talking about Delicata squash. Because it's the best winter squash by far, IMHO. We're nearing the end of the season, so I wanted to squeeze this post in there so you can give it a try before the crop runs out! [Read more...]


Recently Updated:

Baked Barley with Mushrooms

I grew up eating this Baked Barley with Mushrooms and I always looked forward to it on chilly winter nights. It's a simple dish made with pearled barley cooked in a flavorful mix of vegetable broth, butter, and mushrooms for an extra umami kick. Plus, it cooks mostly in the oven, leaving your hands and attention available to tend to other things. It's a nice alternative to plain rice for meals like pot roast, brisket, baked pork chops, or any roasted or braised meat. Those hearty little grains are perfect for soaking up every last drop of your pan drippings! [Read more...]

New Video:

Oven Roasted Frozen Broccoli


Currently Trending:

It's not too late to finish Christmas shopping!

Don't miss our Gift Guide for Foodies!

I don't know how we got here, but gifting season is upon us once again! I did a lot of "research" this past year buying fun food-related stuff on the internet, so I've compiled a list of my favorite new finds and some tried and true favorite gift ideas for foodies into one comprehensive gift guide. Hopefully this list serves you well this holiday season and beyond! [Read more...]


Until next time, happy cooking!





Update your subscription preferences here | Unsubscribe | PO BOX 60262, Nashville, TN 37206

No comments:

Post a Comment